Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A site called Wild Hair Accessories sells a product called "tail raiser". Which claims to lift the tail of an '03+ SV by about 30mm. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this or similar product? What is the outcome, really, not according to the advertisers? Has anyone done it, raised their SV's tail? And how? Thanks.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I don't know about the tail riser but I tried to order from this guy before. Seems nice enough, not a scammer. BUT. He orders from Germany or something. Expect 6-8 weeks delivery. My mirrors NEVER came. His supplier closed shop. He called and apologized later. Just an FYI.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I raised the rear end of my k3 exactly how i suggested you do it....

INstall a 06-07 zx10R shock...raises the rear...not sure exactly how much, but i can definatly notice it.
I looked over this option and it looks like it will cost me around $800. While the risers are only $80. I was thinking of something less expensive.

·
Lifer
5,220 Posts
I was also wondering if it was possible to just raise the subframe some how? With spacers or something? Thanks again.
Hey, you're in my boat :)

SVXR or whatever his name is (Luis) posted up about adding spacers to the bottom two bolts of the subframe and .5" added 3.5" of height in the rear.

There are TLR spacers that were made by some famous TLR guy but there's no specific application for the SVs. I was just going to get my mechanic (who welds) to extend the arms on the bottom of my subframe. Just haven't had time to drop it off.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey, you're in my boat :)

SVXR or whatever his name is (Luis) posted up about adding spacers to the bottom two bolts of the subframe and .5" added 3.5" of height in the rear.

There are TLR spacers that were made by some famous TLR guy but there's no specific application for the SVs. I was just going to get my mechanic (who welds) to extend the arms on the bottom of my subframe. Just haven't had time to drop it off.
Sounds like what I'm looking for.. would you have any information about where to get these spacers. Or can I use some other spacers? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I looked over this option and it looks like it will cost me around $800. While the risers are only $80. I was thinking of something less expensive.
I may be missing something, but how do you figure the $800 amount out? Most people when they replace the shock buy a used one from ebay or the like. A used shock is about $80 and it has the benefit being a better shock (depending on your weight)

·
Lifer
5,220 Posts
Sounds like what I'm looking for.. would you have any information about where to get these spacers. Or can I use some other spacers? Thanks.
I didn't actually purchase the spacers from the guy to see if they would fit so I'm not sure they would. They're actually shaped to match the subframe/frame of the TLR though.

http://www.tlzone.net/forums/group-buys/92817-2008-group-buy-tlr-tail-risers.html

The guy's name is Jim and he's very polite over email.
[email protected]

·
Registered
789 Posts

·
Registered
2,363 Posts

??? :eek:

Where are you buying shocks from?

Ugh...i picked up my used zx10r rear shock with about 1600mi off of ebay for exactly $90 shipped with the bottom bolt and lower knuckle from the zx...

Took me about an hour to install...could do it again in about half that time...with nothing more than a rachet, some sockets, some wrenches, and two jackstands.

I sold my stock shock for $40, and the lower knuckle from the zx for another $20 locally...so total cost of the rear shock upgrade was $30...:hug:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well I didn't look on ebay. Just googled the shock and it came up at that price. But I've been reading around and looking and it seems like people are having a hard time finding those even on ebay.

·
Registered
10,246 Posts
800 bucks? Good crack.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts