Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
some time ago i read on here (i think) about how to use a trailers wiring harness to turn the brake lights on an 03+ sv into brakelight/blinker combo does anyone know what im talking about or remember the post? it had the step by step wiring details and diagram, if anyone has any ideas help me out. thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
there's the possibility of using your stock taillights to do so, but i believe you need to send that out. you can also buy a clear alternatives unit and just replace the stock

·
Registered
429 Posts
I did this some time ago, I think I used the diagram that came with the unit. I have since taken it off - I just didn't feel it was as safe as traditional blinkers. Maybe the Clear Alternatives is a better solution ???

·
Registered
10,246 Posts
03+ are LED, unless you are very good with a stick soldering iron, you need to have them sent out.

·
Registered
30 Posts
a guy i use to ride with had the copper sv650s...and he got the clear alt. ones....and when we'd ride behind him, they were not bright at all during the day, and defenetly not much of an improvement a night either....
i'd say sent it out!

·
Registered
27 Posts
hey i just recently did this mod, within the last 2 weeks, there was a form that helped me,,, i didnt have mine sent out, im 18 years old with no expeirence with a sottering gun let alone how to spell it. i did the two top leds. harder but made blinker more visible... if u search for resistor on the form you should come up with the topic that said oem tail light blinker mod... i think thats wat it is...
gotta get back to work or id give you the link and my write up

later
chad

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks CHAD, that helped out a lot it wasnt exactly what i was looking for but its better than the stuff ive been getting, (try clear alternatives $100, send it out..... where?) i know they trying to help, but if i wanted to wuss out and let someone else do it or pay $100 i wouldnt be asking how to do it myself.

CJ BLUE were you saying that the instructions that came with the trailer harness worked on your SV's lights?

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
2fst4u said:
thanks CHAD, that helped out a lot it wasnt exactly what i was looking for but its better than the stuff ive been getting, (try clear alternatives $100, send it out..... where?) i know they trying to help, but if i wanted to wuss out and let someone else do it or pay  $100 i wouldnt be asking how to do it myself. 
gee, sorry to disappoint you by actually answering your question. i'll be sure to ignore you from now on to avoid giving you answers you weren't looking for

friggin ungrateful people  ::)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts