1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
278 Posts
Do you have any pics of those kind of bikes from the side, like where you could see how they got the tail up that high? Just guessing from the look of the kit and the heights they mention, 25-30mm, I dont think they are dogbones. That looks like a sub frame lift kit, but I am not sure.

See if you can find some pics from the side of a bike like that, maybe you will be able to see how they did it. :)

·
Registered
139 Posts
Weezer. Those pieces in the pic of that kit are suspention/ shock linkage components. Gonna raise the rear and change the angle of the whole bike. Put more weight on the front wheel. Not what I think you're looking to do. You're gonna have to cut and modify your rear subframe or make a spacer for the lower mounts to get the angled tail you're looking for. Time to get out the welder. :D

·
Registered
6,503 Posts
And you like the way that looks, eh? Sobre el gusto no hay disputo.

You can raise the seat by modifying the subframe without altering the steering geometry. As you raise the bike by increasing the angle of the swingarm the bike will turn in faster, eventually getting to the point where it's twitchy and subject to head shake. Some of this is fine for the race track, and just a bit is fine for the street. Beware of going too extreme. Bikes that work well on the track are often misery on the street.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts