Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sup guys. i got myself a clear alternatives integrated tail light, flash relay and a tail tidy off ebay. the light is genuine C.A. and looks the dogs wotzits and ive wired everything correctly but i discovered that between the tail tidy and the undertray there is like a 2-3cm:'( im hoping that i have just installed the liscence light wrong and it wont let it fit properly or ive put the washers in wrong on the tidy but i dont wanna have to buy an aftermarket undertray ive already spents a weeks wages on bits for it (i live in n.i. and bought a light from a dude in cali advertised as clear alternatives £45 inc delivery an wen it arrived it was 100% cheap chinese crap that didnt have the chrome surround to the leds and he wont refund my money till i post it back whic is gonna cos atleast another £15) any of you guy hit the same sort of speed bumps in your builds. ooh yea and my dads miffed that i spent money on it rather than leaving it standard. any help would be well appreciated so i can get back on the road

·
Registered
287 Posts
throw up a pic, it will help in the troubleshooting.
sucks some pansy lied to you about the taillight, f***ers like that need to be shot cold dead in the street!
Oh yeah, and tell your dad to quit runnin with the puppies and come play with the Big Dogs. You are your own personality and you have chosen to express that by customizing your bike and making it more yours and not like everybody else. Live your life like your own and enjoy every moment cause you only get one shot! There are no Do-Overs!!!
:D

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just figured out that the tidy is designed wrong. you know the little patch of fairing between the lights the goes further down then has the 2 little plastics plugs in it that part does slide down far enough into the slot so there is another ebay liar 2 out of 3 purchases have been wrong hopefully replacement purchase 2 will actually be legit i was so excited wiring up the clear alternatives light (i dont work for them but **** they are brilliant lights). what also doesnt help is have your t handle SNAP in your hand as you are trying to undo some of the fairing bolts and having to yous your neighbours sockets instead but the ratchet doesnt work so i have to use the foot long twisty one which is difficult in tight places GAAAAAAA its a chore i gonna have to go out an buy some new tools later then return the items on monday.

i ordered some xenons bulbs and sidelights eventually the bike will be back to uberness

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
got er sorted and was out yesterday. i was tempted to remove the restrictor ignition module but left it in just incase so im still stuck to 92/3mph

1 - 5 of 5 Posts