Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I am looking to pick up a smallish tail bag to just throw stuff in for small shoping trips around town. Preferably something that can simply strap around the pillion seat. Does anyone have any recommendations?

I did a quick search and came up with the big nada.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
The Luggage Locker Elite Seat Sak sounds like what you're looking for. New they're $160, I bought mine used for a quarter of that price. Straps to teh bottom of the seat rather than bungees.

I've posted pics in the luggage thread in the Sport touring category.

·
Registered
157 Posts
for small things I use a Recon19 tank bag like the one in onecartel's post on the blue SV. It's magnetic taking on and off the bike is super easy.
For larger items i use a Nelson Rigg CL-800 tail bag, built in straps/bungees.

·
Registered
510 Posts
i've got the cortech sport tail bag (and saddlebags, but i don't use them anymore), i dunno if you consider it small but it fits a lot of stuff. i put my lunch and sneakers in it for work, drinks, hat, sunglasses, etc while riding. Also put a bag of chips, 2 ears of corn, bag of salad, ground beef and some fruit in it when i stopped at the grocery store on the way back to my cabin at the rally. I loop the back straps together behind the plate and hook the front ones on that hook at the rear pegs.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have been known to bungee-net wierd things on the back of my bike. (3 bags of doritos bungee very nicely on to the back... Just saying)

Sultan: how do you like the cortech? its on my list of bags to look at.

Thanks to all for the responses

·
Registered
353 Posts
I've got a set of the Cortech soft bags as well and can't find any fault with them.

Another regular rider at work also uses them, and has one complaint - they were originally black, but are now more of a silver, as the dye bled in rain and then faded considerably with general exposure. I haven't noticed any issues with the dye in my blue ones.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Kriega tail bags are about as easy and durable as you can get. I have the us30 and that with e21 hard side bags is I think a perfect set up for me.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have a Motocentric bag, it looks the same as the Cortech. I've been very happy with it. The main zipper started to separate after a few months (probably from me trying to overstuff the bag) and Motocentric sent me a replacement in a week. Can't complain about that kind of service.

Oh, I forgot to mention, I figured out if you shorten the bungees you can strap the bag directly to the rear seat. Just remove the seat and make an X underneath with the straps. It looks much neater and doesn't rub on the sides of your rear plastic.

·
Registered
4,859 Posts
I found a good deal on an Ogio tail bag. The bottom has a huge neoprene pad so it won't scuff your tail or cowl. The pad is big enough that the straps rest in the pad instead of your paint. It has four straps that you attach to the bike, then they buckle to the bag. It makes on and off a 2 second job. It has big side pockets, a small top pocket, a built in rain cover, carry handle, and it expands.

I was able to attach the front two straps to the subframe under my passenger pad, so all I have to do is pop the seat, flip the straps out and clip them to the bag. The back ones are hooked to the license plate frame.

The bag was $63 at Bob's Cycle Supply, that seems to be the going rate anywhere. We'll be buying a second one soon, Biya loves this bag as much as I do.

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
i've got the cortech sport tail bag (and saddlebags, but i don't use them anymore), i dunno if you consider it small but it fits a lot of stuff. i put my lunch and sneakers in it for work, drinks, hat, sunglasses, etc while riding. Also put a bag of chips, 2 ears of corn, bag of salad, ground beef and some fruit in it when i stopped at the grocery store on the way back to my cabin at the rally. I loop the back straps together behind the plate and hook the front ones on that hook at the rear pegs.

Another vote for the Cortech Sport Tail Bag. Easy on, easy off. I've used it for work to carry laptop, change of clothes, handbag (yes, I'm a girl), etc. Have done a weekend trip to the Dragon with it, too. Especially nice since the sides unzip and expand, in addition to the small zipper compartments on the sides. Rain cover and shoulder strap are included. Grocery shopping - I can only imagine how much stuff I can get in. ;)

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I did end up buying the Cortech sport tail bag. Some of the other options looked pretty nice but at almost double the price I couldnt justify that. Thanks all for the suggestions.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts