Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i always told myself that if i ever won the lottery id buy this truck. well i didnt win the lotto, but i bought the truck :headbang: i have yet to find out if its meteor proof

·
Premium Member
10,443 Posts
I want a truck.

·
Thumper Squad
3,279 Posts
Great trucks - love my T-coma

·
Premium Member
2,566 Posts
My new one (from 2007) parked behind my old one. Old one was sold with 260K miles and it never failed me once. There is a reason the terrorists love to use them.

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
I was soo mad when I found out my little brother traded his in for a new cobalt, all because his clutch went out and he didn't want to replace it. I think it was an '88 and he got something like $750 for it. I swore at him a few times for not telling me about it, i would've loved to buy that from him instead of having that dealership get such a nice truck for so little. Anyways, congrats! I'm on MY first yota and I'm loving it so far...had it about a year now. I did drive the ol' 88 a lot though when I was living at home a LONG time ago. :)

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
I too am a Nissan-haver:

I love it oh-so-dearly, but it's getting a bit tired with ATL roads constantly beating it. When I replace it, it will be with a Tacoma.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Nice.
That's what I'm looking for right now.I found a few w/100 000 miles which doesn't bother me at all.They are great trucks.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Tacoma owner here too:) My old 88 22RE engine had 278K miles(at 200K it received a new chain and head gasket) The 4.0 all aluminum V6 has monster torque, so it will beat the Frontier from 0-60 and 1/4 mile:armsrace: The thing I like about it is how everything in engine bay has easy access and it is timing chain driven.

·
Registered
310 Posts
How are the brakes? imo, that's Toyota's weakest spot. I'v owned a newer tacoma and tundra and just thought the brakes were terrible. (easy fix tho)

But they are indeed great trucks beyond that :)

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
I have a friend that had a Tacoma. He bought it about 5yrs ago for around $9k with 100k miles on it. He got the letter from Toyota last fall about the recall for the rotting frames and his was one of the ones affected that they bought back.
The best part is what they paid when buying them back- they gave him 1.5 times the KBB value of the truck, which turned out to be around $13.5k. Not a bad deal for driving a truck for 5yrs really. Especially since he paid cash the first time around, it turned out his truck was an investment rather than a liability.

<----- Nissan Truck haver, but I like the toyotas as well.

·
Premium Member
2,566 Posts
Nice. For my 96, they were replacing all head gaskets because there was a potential issue with some of them (mine had like 200K miles on it by then with no head gasket problems). So i got a free head gasket. I had them do the timing belt while they were in there (at a reduced price). So besides that, i replaced the starter once and that was all I ever did to it in the 260K miles it had.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts