Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was about to pull the trigger on buying a T-Rex rear stand but now I have a question.

There are 2 designs: the 'S' has a single tube handle welded to it, the 'V' is more U shaped so has 2 welds. Both are the same price. Seems to me that 2 welds are going to give you superior strength. Does that make sense to you guys?

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
i have the "s" stand, have had no problems and like it very much, however i would choose the "v" if i were to purchase it now for the very reasons you describe. the "v" was not an option when i purchased.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
i was thinking they just may be more comfortable to use or wheel around under load as you hand will be parallel rather than perpendicular to the axle of the stand's wheels. a small point but one none the less.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I have the "V" stands...asked T-rex before ordering what the difference was, they said it mostly cosmetic and functions the same way. Pick which ever you like.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
I have a "s" stand and have used it to roll my bike back and forth in the garage on a concrete floor. When I lift my bike I just stand at the rear holding the bike with side stand out by the grab bar and press down on the handle to lift the bike. I never really put any thought into dropping the bike I guess I'm just confident.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
476 Posts
I would think the "V" would be more annoying to avoid hitting with my feet walking around the bike.
LOL, it's only like 3 inches on either side of the "S" handles location. I think it probably offers a chance for more leverage...

·
Registered
476 Posts
It's not like you putting a Wing on the stands. How much leverage do you need.
I said I think it probably offers a chance...not that I need it. I really think it all amounts to personal preference. I just thought the tripping over the handles thing was kinda funny. No harm meant. :hug:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.