Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
No difference.

I wouldn't bother with fitting a tube for "easier" maintenance though. Not worth the trouble. Use a pair of forceps to get the tube on the front nipple.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmmm... u dont think running the tubing is worth the while?? cause i was going to start that tonight, but if its more trouble then its worth i will have to reconsider my evening plans...

·
Registered
6,503 Posts
Beg to differ

Installing and extension tube on the front carb is well worth the effort. Yes, you can install it with long forceps if you have them. Then all you need is to plug the end. Now you have an easy tool-less vacuum port access. For the rear carb I installed a tee in the line that opens the petcock. Again, a plug and you've got your second vacuum line available easily.

It's dirt cheap, simple to do, enables checking the synch at any time in about two minutes.

·
Registered
737 Posts
If you do install the tubing, you'll want to make sure both lines are equal length.

And it takes me < 5 minutes to get the carb sync tool hooked up to the bike! :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i did install the tubing last nite, wasnt too bad, the only mishap i had was i snapped a radiator bolt in half....

i had a question about the new tubing though.. is there a lot of pressure coming out of the ports? are hose clamps needed?

·
Registered
6,503 Posts
It's vacuum

There is no need to keep the tubes the same length. Nothing flows through them while you're synching. The pressure will equalize virtually instantly.

There is no pressure, there is a vacuum, so a simple plug that you can buy where you buy the tubing is more than adequate.

Buy the tubing at the auto parts store, install about 6" worth on the front carb port. Install a tubing tee where you can get at it under the left side of the tank in the vicinity of the petcock. Buy a plug for the front tube and a cap for the branch of the tee. While you're there buy two in-line connectors with orifices in them. This will stabilize the gauges. If you don't know what I'm talking about ask one of the employees. You can buy in-line connectors with a piece of brass pressed in them that has a tiny hole drilled through.

You are now ready to check your synch any time easily.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts