Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

switching to gsxr tail. pros vs cons?

5098 Views 24 Replies 15 Participants Last post by  DougZ
hey im thinking of puting a gsxr tail on my sv and wondering what the perks might be aside from looks
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
the only perk would be that it'd be different. Otherwise I see no advantages.
Keep the SV tail.
So just go a head and sell your SV or trade it in on GSX-R since that's what you really want.
I've seen it, I think it looks cool if it's done right. Just make sure to get it all straight and at the right angles and all otherwise it'll just look like a mashed up hack job.

Hell after seeing some of the sv's around here I really don't think there is any way you can go wrong with an SV...take that back, pink tie dyed is wrong, all wrong for an SV and it's actually been done.
I seen one bike here that had a GSXR front end. Some people liked it. I hated it. To each his own though. If you are going to do it, try to make it as unique as you can without having it look like a hack-job.
It fits ok with some work, havent seen one with a SV OEM taillight though - might be tough to cram that into the GSXR unit which seems to have sharper angles.
I agree with v9. I say go for it, but make the SV taillight work with it instead of the hideous (in comparison) GSXR taillight. The SV is unique for it's taillight, don't ditch that!
ONOZ! Don't ever put something on the SV that was made for another bike. That's just crazy. :rolleyes:

Buncha hypocrites.
I agree with v9. I say go for it, but make the SV taillight work with it instead of the hideous (in comparison) GSXR taillight. The SV is unique for it's taillight, don't ditch that!
I assumed he was going race tail and didnt know which light unit he wanted to use, I guess if going for OEM GSXR bodywork then using a GSXR light would be easy.
So just go a head and sell your SV or trade it in on GSX-R since that's what you really want.
+1!!!!

it isn't fast enough and it doesn't look enough like a gsx-r

::) ::) ::) ::)
Yes, dont put a GSXR tail on your SV. :evil6: (sneaks back into his corner with a dremel all while hiding some bodywork underneath a cloth...)
ONOZ! Don't ever put something on the SV that was made for another bike. That's just crazy. :rolleyes:

Buncha hypocrites.
+1 Only when its MV, Duc, or Guzzi tail. You can only graft parts on the SV from such fine motorcycles.

:rolleyes:
Gsx-r's are ugly in my oppinion.... but that's just me. I do like the 04/05 model though. I just wish it had a double headlight.
I've thought about this as well, and perhaps it will happen since I got hit last week and the SV is rashed up now. The main reason i like the GSXR tail is the turn signals are part of the body so you don't have these goofy stalks sticking out. It just looks cleaner to me.

Nice and clean.

That is just me tho... There is a picture of a 1st gen with a GSXR tail on www.aztec8.com in the third picture gallery. The seat looks a little out of place, but if you really wanted and had the money I'm sure you could make it look better.
See less See more
bad comparison since the gsxr has an fe and the sv doesn't in those pics.

(not that i disagree though)
GSXR tail belongs on a GSXR period!
curious if you feel the same way about GSXR forks?
curious if you feel the same way about GSXR forks?
kinda thinkin' there was some sarcasm in his statement...
;)
I've thought about this as well, and perhaps it will happen since I got hit last week and the SV is rashed up now. The main reason i like the GSXR tail is the turn signals are part of the body so you don't have these goofy stalks sticking out. It just looks cleaner to me.

Nice and clean.

That is just me tho... There is a picture of a 1st gen with a GSXR tail on www.aztec8.com in the third picture gallery. The seat looks a little out of place, but if you really wanted and had the money I'm sure you could make it look better.

On a first gen, that swap would look good as long as you get the seat made to fit. You could also go the easier road and get integrated taillights, I've seen them here and there for the 1st gen.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.