Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
So just go a head and sell your SV or trade it in on GSX-R since that's what you really want.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
I've seen it, I think it looks cool if it's done right. Just make sure to get it all straight and at the right angles and all otherwise it'll just look like a mashed up hack job.

Hell after seeing some of the sv's around here I really don't think there is any way you can go wrong with an SV...take that back, pink tie dyed is wrong, all wrong for an SV and it's actually been done.

·
Registered
802 Posts
I seen one bike here that had a GSXR front end. Some people liked it. I hated it. To each his own though. If you are going to do it, try to make it as unique as you can without having it look like a hack-job.

·
Premium Member
8,126 Posts
I agree with v9. I say go for it, but make the SV taillight work with it instead of the hideous (in comparison) GSXR taillight. The SV is unique for it's taillight, don't ditch that!
I assumed he was going race tail and didnt know which light unit he wanted to use, I guess if going for OEM GSXR bodywork then using a GSXR light would be easy.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I've thought about this as well, and perhaps it will happen since I got hit last week and the SV is rashed up now. The main reason i like the GSXR tail is the turn signals are part of the body so you don't have these goofy stalks sticking out. It just looks cleaner to me.

Nice and clean.

That is just me tho... There is a picture of a 1st gen with a GSXR tail on www.aztec8.com in the third picture gallery. The seat looks a little out of place, but if you really wanted and had the money I'm sure you could make it look better.

·
Premium Member
1,444 Posts
I've thought about this as well, and perhaps it will happen since I got hit last week and the SV is rashed up now. The main reason i like the GSXR tail is the turn signals are part of the body so you don't have these goofy stalks sticking out. It just looks cleaner to me.

Nice and clean.

That is just me tho... There is a picture of a 1st gen with a GSXR tail on www.aztec8.com in the third picture gallery. The seat looks a little out of place, but if you really wanted and had the money I'm sure you could make it look better.

On a first gen, that swap would look good as long as you get the seat made to fit. You could also go the easier road and get integrated taillights, I've seen them here and there for the 1st gen.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.