1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
ithink they use a vfr swing arm with alot of machine work done to it

·
Registered
184 Posts
Some make their own custom swingarm piece. It takes A LOT of machine work, as stated before. Plus, you must mount the rear brake on the same side as the sproket gear, or loose the rear brake altogether with is obviously dangerous. I was thinking of doing the same thing, but it's a lot of work and not really worth it. Maybe later when I have my own custom shop I'll do it, but for now, too much work and money that I don't have.

Dave

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
i like the braced swing arm look more any way and you can buy one. but its about 1000 bux so that will be the last touch on my bike.

·
King of D'bags
3,579 Posts
Talk to TWF about a braced swingarm. When I get the cashflow goin' again, I'm probably gonna have one done by him. Using your supplied swingarm, he'll brace it - over or under, your choice - and powdercoat (might've been paint it - don't recall) for something along the lines of $300.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
arimichael said:
Talk to TWF about a braced swingarm. When I get the cashflow goin' again, I'm probably gonna have one done by him. Using your supplied swingarm, he'll brace it - over or under, your choice - and powdercoat (might've been paint it - don't recall) for something along the lines of $300.
REALLY?!?!?! sounds good to me.

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
arimichael said:
Wait...you send him the stock swingarm and he welds a brace to it? I demand pictures. Now.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
damn looks nice. and for 300 bux i'm sold. now wheres that columbian dude with my cocaine so i can make some money.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
i notice that thats a 1st gen are you able to do this to 2nd gens?

G

·
B.a. said:
i notice that thats a 1st gen are you able to do this to 2nd gens?
yes,I did same brace on 03 for guy in hong kong except brace was under instead on top.
he has copy rights,I told him I will not do another one :)
I think pic is somewhere on socalsvrider.

G

·
TWF said:
yes,I did same brace on 03 for guy in hong kong except brace was under instead on top.
he has copy rights,I told him I will not do another one :)
I think pic is somewhere on socalsvrider.
that kind of sucks,
so would it be against the law to do another one??

1 - 20 of 27 Posts