Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was going to purchase some cheap spools for my bike to use with my rearstand, but figured i could get some longer spool sliders for about the same price. i like the motosliders but i want all black. i found a few different ones online but didnt know if there is a big difference in quality between brands. i found there vertical horizon spools http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Suzu...2007538QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories and wondered if anyone had any info about them, or if you can get the motosliders in all black. anyone know of any other good brands that come in all black.

also am i guessing right that any 8mm spool should work even if it specifies a different model bike like a gsxr, etc.

·
Registered
98 Posts
The motosliders swingarm sliders are made out of an aluminum spool (could anodize these black... which I think I'm going to have done at some point), and a nylon-like plastic like the frame sliders. Since these are two pieces, if something should happen, you shouldn't damage the aluminum spool and can easily order more plastic sliders from motosliders.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
dougz will make you whatever color you need with spools and slifers if you like. he sent me some beautiful black/black spool sliders

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dougz will make you whatever color you need with spools and slifers if you like. he sent me some beautiful black/black spool sliders
nice to know thanks. you happen to know what those run?
anyone happen to have those vertical horizons sliders or know the quality?

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Last time I checked (about 2 weeks ago) the DougZ sliders are $31. I have a set from him and like them quite a lot, they're pretty beefy.

·
Registered
827 Posts
I bought some cheap slider spools off ebay and the bolt broke in the swingarm after a nasty slip n slide in the rain. I just put on the vertical horizons slider spools on and not only is the material delrin, but the 8mm bolt securing them looks like a lot stronger grade.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
anyone know if you can buy motosliders swingarm sliders with black spools? it didnt look like it from their website but just though i would check.

·
Registered
67 Posts
i have sliders similar to the ones from ebay you posted. The quality seems good.

The only problem is that the spool part, where the stand makes contact, is a larger diameter than standard spools or motosliders. This isnt a huge deal, you just have to make sure your stand will accept them.

·
Registered
827 Posts
i have sliders similar to the ones from ebay you posted. The quality seems good.

The only problem is that the spool part, where the stand makes contact, is a larger diameter than standard spools or motosliders. This isnt a huge deal, you just have to make sure your stand will accept them.
whatchoo talkin bout willis?

(vertical horizons slider spools)

·
Supporting Vendor
9,953 Posts
Black Swing Arm sliders

anyone know if you can buy motosliders swingarm sliders with black spools? it didnt look like it from their website but just though i would check.

:) Email me [email protected]

I have lots of the MotoSliders, Swing Arm Sliders in stock,
and I would be happy to black anodize a set of the spools for you, no extra charge, and get them shipped out to you,

I am having parts anodized all the time, so it would only affect shipping by about two days,

Your order would still ship out to you this week,

Email me at [email protected] Please, No PM on this, Email is fast and easy for me to get back to you,

Enjoy the ride, and best regards,
Blair

1 - 11 of 11 Posts