Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running a 5.5" or 6" rear rim with a different or modified stock swingarm? I'm just curious what options are out there. I know about the F3 5" rear wheel but was looking at what else anyone has tried, heard about, etc.

I've seen a few SV pics with the VFR/RC single sided swingarm and even one with a Ducati 916 rear wheel that looked pretty sweet. :lol:

I'm curious if any model GSXR or even SV1000 swingarm could be adapted to the bike to hold a larger wheel.

-Fin

·
Registered
35 Posts
is a gsxr 1k swingarm alot different? I hate the look of the stock SV swing arm and would like something else. I seached and saw mainly questions for 1st gens but what about seconds? Gsxr 1k swingarm and shock would be nice. Anyone know how off/close they are?

T

·
0 Posts
5.5 will work with stock swingarm.
I have seen 6 inch rim and 195 tire in stock swingarm.
poor axle :), it bends even with stock rim.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
why not get it braced? it would probally cost alot less than getting a swing arm off another bike machine to fit.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Or you could get a custom swingarm like this...

From these guys...

www.swingarm.com

T

·
0 Posts
problem with those is chain adjusment.every time you do it you changing ride hight.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
TWF said:
problem with those is chain adjusment.every time you do it you changing ride hight.
But they make them with several different chain adjuster's, I just posted a convenient pic....

T

·
0 Posts
tonyjuliano said:
But they make them with several different chain adjuster's, I just posted a convenient pic....
ok.you want one with axle moving back and fore in horizontal line(level with ground).

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
TWF said:
ok.you want one with axle moving back and fore in horizontal line(level with ground).
Just found this too...

·
Registered
10,246 Posts
Why did you post that...... dammit... :p ;D

·
Registered
2,737 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
B.a. said:
yah for like a G
Exactly why I dont have a JMC swingarm...I am not rich. :(

B.a. said:
why not get it braced? it would probally cost alot less than getting a swing arm off another bike machine to fit.
Even if I got it braced it still have that straight plain J bar...fugly to me. My dad is a machinest so that helps me out ALOT. I just need to find something thats not to far off size wise. Would love a single side swing arm.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts