Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
i would never swerve just to be seen. when swerving you have less instantaneous control of your bike. if someone does encroach on your space, you could be swerving *toward* the encroacher, which makes it harder to reverse the swerve to get away from them.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
I do that shit all the time, for cars a head of me wanting to merge into the flow, for cars trying to move into my lane right on top of me and even for the driver behind me that is way to F'in close when I'm coming to a stop. I'll go from line to line as many times as needed to get their attention and keep me safe.

If you really look at a motorcycle from behind in traffic they blend in with the car in front of them real easy and that one lone tail light isn't a big help either.

·
Registered
238 Posts
jimsv650s said:
Yep  Being unpredictable at times is a bonus (if that makes sense). 
I like to let people know before being unpredictable. :-X

·
Registered
397 Posts
thats why i like loud exhaust and high beaming the shit out of ppl :-D It just reminds them that your there...but then its always inevitable for some princess in her daddy's car talkin on her cell phone about her brand new boob job not to give a shit about whats going on around them...they should ban cell phone use without a headset like DC did...I think that the smartest idea ever...I mean is there really something THAT important to talk about that can't wait till later??? I still think they should make getting your license much much harder...jack up the minimum age limit and more required classes and training behind the wheel...the laws these days are way too lax...too many brain dead teenagers out there that have no clue that they're driving a potential murder weapon :mad:

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
ridesideways said:
i would never swerve just to be seen. when swerving you have less instantaneous control of your bike. if someone does encroach on your space, you could be swerving *toward* the encroacher, which makes it harder to reverse the swerve to get away from them.
I disagreee. Key words - properly prepped and executed - you have complete control. You're actively riding the bike. Is it a potential risk? Sure - so is going around a blind corner, since someone may go left of center mid-corner.

·
Registered
10 Posts
avc8130 said:
I like to wave my arms up in the air like I am trying to fly.  Then I go into doing heel clickers while sitting on the bike.  I feel this all makes me more noticeable.

Just kidding  ;D
That is great!!  If I see someone crowding in and wants to cut ahead of me to that small 10' of space to the next car,  I'll shake my a$$, if they really annoy me I sometimes will stand up and just stare them down like - 'where the hell do you think you're going'... by then they notice that its a girl and they slow down looking dumbfounded for a minute.  Its kinda funny.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I think the origninal poster shouldn't be using his horn to be noticed. He's talking pro-active, not re-active.

·
Registered
231 Posts
JaOtEaY said:
I use my brakes...

Or my throttle depending...
Bingo! That's what I do too! You start swerving around scruubing off speed and some dumb azz cager will hit you from behind.
The favorite cager response always would be !!! I didn't see you!

·
Registered
76 Posts
I do this within my lane and at regular speed, just enough to make the car notice me instead of pulling out in front of me. It seems to work well.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts