Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2005 SVS that currently has Heli Bars. I'm starting a project where I'll swap those bars for a set of 3.5" rise Swatt's and drag bars (cut in half). What I'm wanting to end up with is essentially the same hand placement in space, but with my hands at more of a downward angle (to the outside) so I can relax my elbows a whole lot more. Kind of a high cafe hand position, if you will. I haven't taken anything apart yet, I've just cut the drag bars and put them in the Swatt clamps, then put them up against the fork to test the placement.

What I noticed is the bolt that clamps the forks into the top triple... Seems like the riser on the Swatt clip would hit that bolt. Here's a diagram of the top triple:

So, for those of you that have the Swatts... Does this pose a problem? Or am I tilting at windmills?

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Nope, people have this issue that you are talking about. Switch to a button head bolt will help.

I'm sure others will come along to tell you the whole story.

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
Swatt does make a spacer to put between the riser and the clamp part (for $20 extra!) :rolleyes: I went with buttonhead bolts instead....but torquing them to the proper spec through a 5mm allen head is not for the faint of heart. If you want a couple, I have 8 spares since I had to buy 10 from McMaster-Carr.

However, I was able to get a good position for me, and i probably didn't actually need the buttonhead bolts. It's just nice to have some adjustability.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts