Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so someone and myself are swaping bars to clipons. I have a naked version.

My question is Can we just swap the top triple tree and both keep our lower triples. I hope this is the case because it will make it alot easyer to do the swap. Also what are all the cables that should be included?

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Just put the clip-ons under the naked top triple. No need to swap the triples just to get clip-ons in there. And I've heard a lot about not mixing the triples. Use either both N's or both S's.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Just put the clip-ons under the naked top triple. No need to swap the triples just to get clip-ons in there. And I've heard a lot about not mixing the triples. Use either both N's or both S's.
That might (headlight bracket in the way?) work for the OP, but not for the other guy who is putting on the handlebars. Unless that guy wanted to drill his upper triple to accept handlebar risers.

Seems like the best way to do the swap is to change both triples. No idea on the cables, sorry.

·
Registered
35 Posts
You definitely should swap both triples. When I did the conversion to 1.5" rise clip-ons, some people gave me the very bad advice of just swapping the top triple. The offset is too much -- you will end up needing to force the forks to fit in and they will have a slight bend in them as a result. That doesn't seem to safe to me. I ended up paying $108 for both triples and the steering stem from a member here. BTW my knowledge is limited to 2nd gen.
As far as the cables, my original ones all work, but I had to mess with the throttle cable for a while to get the extra slack out of it. I plan to eventually replace all the cables with shorter ones to make it look cleaner, but it's not something you need to do right away.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts