Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
21 - 40 of 68 Posts

· Registered
219 Posts
I say go for it, why not?? Of course you could buy a bike that's alread good, but f**king with it for hours and hours is half the fun. That's the point of almost everything we do or stand for with an SV. Why spend thousands on exhaust and suspension when you could just buy a gixxer and it's ten times the fun right out of the box...because you don't want that. You want to make YOUR bike better. Why buy an economy car and modify the s**t out of it when you could just buy and Evo. Because that's not the point. Ya, maybe it doesn't make any sense but it's yours and you made it. I hope it works out for you, and you better take pics and do a write up on it. Good luck, your gonna need it.

Adam

· Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I have both the the sv 650 and the 1000 right now there siting in the shop I have looked to see if the front ends will meat up ad they will the only hick up will be the barings for the triple tree and the tank swap.

I need to find a way to get the air box out of the way I was thinking I could just mod the old school air box from the cabbed 650 or I could use the 3 stage carb race set up for the old school 650s.

· Premium Member
5,626 Posts
you may have a point there but that is why I am replacing the swing arm as well.

if that does not fix the problem then I will just have to go out and get gixxer rear shock.

I do not know this is a work in progress I want the thing to work be for I fuss over the suspension. :rolleyes:
I'd love to see some pics of your progress.

· Registered
135 Posts
If you look closely, the mounts are in completely different places. A friend of mine has a 05 650, and I have a 06 1000. We parked them right next to eachother and compared them. The mounts on the 1000 are closer to the heads than on the 650 (farther apart), and the shock location is completely different. Simply swapping the swing arm will not correct that difference. We couldn't really see a difference in width, but I wouldn't be suprised if the 1000 is wider.

· Premium Member
1,538 Posts
Let me know if you need blueprints or anything- I have a Buggatti Veyron Quad-Turbo W16 in my sv650- I absolutely LOVE it. Great corner exit speed and power wheelies.
lol... yea right is all I can say to this :p:p...

@demous: I dont think the hassle for swapping to the 1000 engine is worth it. You can just pick up a tl1000s or tl1000r for cheaper probably and it will all fit together without the hassle. The tl1000s resembles the first gen SV's a whole lot, except for the frame being a little different.

· Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
now that may be, but I have the sv 1000 I could just modify the frame to support the faring and tank and what not. but I do not want to do that it will be a challenge. but I think it will be worth it in the end.

and after it is all sed and done I can say truly. I built that I did all the work to make my silly and crazy idea work.

21 - 40 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.