Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought an SW-Motech centerstand in November. Will install this weekend. Just now heard from a friend that some folks have had problems with the two bolts not being the right size/length. Just want to know if I can expect a smooth installation or if I should get some bolts - and from where!

Anyone?

'00 SV650

·
Registered
23 Posts
I thought about getting one. Will it fit with my micron full system? Where is the best place to purchase.

Thanks

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, installed the centerstand.

And yes, the replacement bolt that goes on the left is shorter than the original bolt. Thus, I'm ordering one from my hardware store that is longer to compensate for the added width of the centerstand.

Having said that, I love the centerstand! I've been able to do so much with it these past two weeks!

Just gotta watch it when putting the sidestand down! And yeah, since I had the bike lowered, getting it on the centerstand is more work.

Cheers!

·
Registered
161 Posts
WiscBadger said:
I thought about getting one. Will it fit with my micron full system? Where is the best place to purchase.

Thanks
Got mine at riderhaus. I think twistedthrottle has them now too.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Go through Twisted Throttle rather than Adventure Gear. Adventure Gear is where I ordered mine, but the guy NEVER answered my calls nor did he ever send me the centerstand. I found out that Twisted Throttle is the U.S. distributor for the SW-Motech. It's the company that Adventure Gear orders theirs from. And, TT is the company that eventually ended up sending the centerstand. And, it was sent well over a month AFTER I ordered it.

Maybe Riderhaus is better. Never dealt with 'em before. At any rate, the stand is awesome. Just be careful where you order it from!

Cheers!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts