Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, I'm considering installing the SW-MOTECH center stand on my bike, and noticed it has that long rod sticking out of it. Has anyone here installed one of these? If so, does the rod interfere in any way? Mine's a stock 2000 with Givi saddlebag side mounts. Apparently the OEM center stand is non-existent. Thanks for any info on this.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I decided not to when my dealer told me it would stick out more than anything else.
If you are interested though, Twisted Throttle had an open house last weekend and among the surplus stock they were selling was the SW Motech stand for $87. If they have it, they want to sell it.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Hi folks, I'm considering installing the SW-MOTECH center stand on my bike, and noticed it has that long rod sticking out of it.
What rod are you speaking of exactly? The only thing in the pic you referenced which resembles a long rod is the original sidestand, which will perform the same way as before.

I have this centerstand, but I use it exclusively for certain garage work like changing fork triples or removing the swingarm.

Ciao
Jan

·
Registered
542 Posts
I decided not to when my dealer told me it would stick out more than anything else.
If you are interested though, Twisted Throttle had an open house last weekend and among the surplus stock they were selling was the SW Motech stand for $87. If they have it, they want to sell it.
Whoa, that is a deal.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
"If you are interested though, Twisted Throttle had an open house last weekend and among the surplus stock they were selling was the SW Motech stand for $87. If they have it, they want to sell it."

Well it's kinda far to go there, I'd be surprised if they still had it. I only see the listing online that I posted in my initial message.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Judging by the looks of that 2nd pic, that bar will be in an up angled position that would not be sticking out that bad. The only thing bad about these aftermarket centerstands is when a bike is lowered using different dogbones.

I have the Motech Centerstand on my 2nd gen. and I like it. :) Great for quickie chain maintenance.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
It's on the left side. You can see it here:
Ah well. As has been said, this will not interfere with anything when the stand is in the "up" position.
The reduced lean angle I read about in a magazine a long time ago was due to the baseplates IIRC (no personal experience).

Ciao
Jan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts