Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everybody that has done this, what did you have to buy or use to relocate the digital cluster. I figured I would join the club after my bike wreck. :p :(

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
Actually Nudist is not the one to ask this...if he's still even around. He has an aftermarket Veypor unit which makes this oh so much easier but oh so expensive.

You'll need some basic metal working skillZ, and some tools. A drill, hacksaw or dremel, some 1/8" sheet of steel or aluminum or whatever, and a 1/4" tap.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey evil I love your bike, I was just going to PM you. If I sent you some money and my wrecked fairings can you make me one of those lips that covers the cluster. Oh and one of those converters to.

Please!!

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
avalona2000 said:
Hey evil I love your bike, I was just going to PM you. If I sent you some money and my wrecked fairings can you make me one of those lips that covers the cluster. Oh and one of those converters to.

Please!!
The wrecked fairing bugscreen, heh. I've actually taken it off awhile back, the wiring and back of the cluster grew on me. What do you mean by converter? The bracket for the gauge? If thats what you mean, I can make one, but it still takes some minor modification to your triple tree to mount it.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes the bracket. Not a problem, just tell me what you want to do.
I cant wait till I'm back on that bike, I have not rode for like 2 months now.

If you can help that would be fantastic.
I'm also having to replace the forks by myself, so we will see how that goes.

·
Registered
47 Posts
bumpage :D
evilbelogna, do you have a template that you use for the gauge bracket? if so, can I see how you did it? I am thinking about making my own style bracket with a top edge to protect the gauge from any damage from debris (rocks etc)

·
Registered
236 Posts
your best bet is to buy the veypor and sell your gauges like i did. The veypor.com unit is awesome. i love it. I mounted my front turn signals to the lower tree bolt with a little bracket i had laying around, very easy, veypor install very easy, and its not expensive to buy. headlight will be your biggest concern. theirs so many choices, and you might end up having to make a bracket to mount the headlight depending on what you do.

But with all the help available here its all easy. good luck

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
Its been a common question lately, so now I just copy and paste my original "How-to" for this.

You'll need some basic tools, a hacksaw, drill and a 1/4" tap. The method for mounting your gauge is making a bracket that will mount to your triple via two holes drilled into the front of the top triple. Then just tap the hole for 1/4" screws, or it may be possible to put a nut on the other end of the screw if there is space. Here's a pic that should further explain what I just said:

Two small holes will be needed to drill into the bracket, and thats where the two pegs on the back of the gauge will be put into. The thicker you make the bracket, the stiffer it will be. I used 1/16" which was probably too thin, try 1/8" if you can. Heres how it looks when its mounted, I like how its offsetted to the left, but really you can place it wherever you like depending on the shape of the bracket and where you put the holes for the gauge mounting pegs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts