Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all!

I´m new to the forum. My name is Christoffer and I´m from the south of Sweden (outside Malmö). Have been browsing the forum for some time during my search for a new bike. Finally I fell for a nice yellow SV650S. The seller claimed it´s a 2005 model, but according to some sources on the web, the 2005 model came with a black frame, mine is silver, so I assume it´s a 2004 that has been waiting until May 2005 for its first registration. It has got 22k miles on it (36.000 km), but is in very good nick for that milage. Got it with some goodies, as new Bridgestone Battlax tyres, Youshi TRS slip-on and a complete service. I´m very pleased with the deal.

I previously had a Suzuki M50 2007. Very nice bike, but it gave me a bad back just after an hour or so. No possibility to change riding position either. The SVS is better in my mind. Not too radical riding position for my 6´1, and best of all - the possibility to move around to change position. And of course; It has the V-twin. I love V-twins! Was looking at VTR:s, SV1K:s, and even the Vee-Strom, but I think my yellow SVS is perfect!

This year, I´m looking to get a bellypan, and pillion seat cover. In the future, I would like to get the full fairing, but it seems hard to find (at a reasonable price).

Will be lurking around the forum, to see what you guys are up to :) Ride safe everyone!

(By the way, theese photos were taken earlier today. After I came home, I couldn´t stand the ugly looking first section of the exhaust, so I have spent the evening with some polish, and man what a difference :) will post pictures asap )

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Took some pics today when me and my wife went to get her new bike. She previously had a Honda VT750 Phantom, but like me, wasn´t to excited about the comfort. Instead, she traded it for a Kawasaki ER-6f. A stunning looking bike IMO. A bit more upright seating compared to my SVS.
Last summer, we were riding black cruisers. This summer, we are riding more colourful bikes :) :) :)

(Also, notice the front part of the SVS´s exhaust. A bit more shiny now after some elbow grease.

·
Administrator
11,041 Posts
Nice yellow. Welcome!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you everyone!

Nice bike. You guys sure have one mother of a license plate.
Yup. It´s huge! It serves as a mudflap on its own...
It´s 7,5 x 6,1 inch, and that´s the smallest one Swedish motorcycles are allowed.
Of course one could by smaller "aftermarket" plates, but it will cost you about 70$ if you get caught by Buford T Justice.

I´m not to excited about the "tailtidy" that the P.O. installed. Must be a better looking one avaliable. Will do some research.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice bike. Have you ridden the er6n what do you think compared to the SV?
I have no experience of the Er6n (naked). I have only been sitting on the wife´s Er6f, not yet taken it for a test ride. I think that the N and F are almost identical, besides the fairing. It feels "larger/roomier" than my SV. The handlebars are higher and more towards the driver, and I don´t have to lean as much forward as on the SV. The screen is a bit more upright and taller as well.
She had some issues with her back a few days earlier, and the ride from home to the dealership on her Honda Phantom was a challenge for her. After the trade was completed, and we were riding home again, she had no problems what so ever, so it´s perfect for her. As a result - it´s fun to ride again!

I can post a more detailed comparison as soon as I have taken the kawa for a ride.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What did you use to clean the exhaust? Looks much nicer.
Thanks!
I used a product called "Autosol Chrome polish" that´s avaliable in Sweden.
info in Swedish
I don´t know if it´s avaliable in the US, and if so, under what name?

Basicly, it´s a polish, wich together with a rag and some elbow grease can restore almost any chrome surface to it´s former glory :worship: I love it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I like the yellow! Welcome!
Thanks!

I like the yellow to! Makes it look like a wasp.. :)

If I had the possibility to choose, I would have gone for a Copper one, but it´s very rare in Sweden. The bikes condition comes first though, and the colour is secondary.
Perhaps it´s because my wife is a car painter, so changeing the colour is no biggy ;D

·
Registered
322 Posts
Thanks!
I used a product called "Autosol Chrome polish" that´s avaliable in Sweden.
info in Swedish
I don´t know if it´s avaliable in the US, and if so, under what name?

Basicly, it´s a polish, wich together with a rag and some elbow grease can restore almost any chrome surface to it´s former glory :worship: I love it.
Cool I've seen chrome polish in stores, wasn't sure if it would do the trick. I will try it, thank you. Also I'm in Europe as well.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cool I've seen chrome polish in stores, wasn't sure if it would do the trick. I will try it, thank you. Also I'm in Europe as well.
Doh... Didn´t pay attention to the info below your avatar. My bad.

I folded the rag/cloth to a long, thin strip. Then i wrapped it around the exhaust, and grabbed the ends in each hand and just worked it almost like a rope back and forth along the exhaustpipe - with the ends crossing each other. That way, I covered the entire pipe, and also managed to get some good speed (friction) working together with the polish.

Don´t know if that explanation makes any sense...

Good luck! :eek:ccasion14:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.