Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I there an wattage upgrade available for the SV650S?

I do not want to go to HID or to driving lights. At present my SVS has 2 x 12v 60/55 H4.

Is there say a 75/65 or similar or even higher in H4 or super white that can be safely used?

If yes, has anyone got a specific brand/part # that they recommend.

Just as a point of interest, I use to run on my BMW a Marshal Amplux with 55w low and 155w high (55w low and 100w hi came on together) plus a Cibie Oscar 8" 100w long range and Cibie Oscar 8" 100w wide, both activated by a seperate relayed switch for high speed (ton plus) night touring. That extent is not required on my SVS and I am sure the alternator could not handle it anyway. Everyone use to tell me they knew where I had been because the rabbits and 'roos had their fur burnt off :) It was also very effective for getting cagers to dim their brights.

Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Why not install headlight relays with power straight from the battery? it makes the 55/60 headlights bright white. Just Google headlight relay kit. There are several people that sell kits or make your own.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Most parts shops sell a 55/100 bulb, the bike will handle the 100W without a problem, assuming you don't have other auxiliary power drain (GPS, heated gear, etc).
The generic high-output bulbs are inexpensive.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts