Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This winter I want to convert my SVS to naked, and I have a question. Other than Veypor, what are my guage options? I am a poor college kid, and while I would love to get a Veypor, I just cant swing it.

Has anybody used any of the Sigma Sport digital guages? Would this be a poor idea to do so? I know I would be sacrificing having a tachometer, but from what I've read the Sigmas are accurate, and I could pick one up for about $20.

Let me know what you think

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
Just use the stock gauge, thats what I did. It can be done quite easily with very slight modification. You can use a Sigma, I have one, haven't mounted it yet. You will lose more than your tach, you'll lose all the idiot lights, temp gauge and whatnot. Not a huge deal, to me at least.

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
Im doing the same, although I have more of a gauge issue because Im 1st gen SVS, so I dont have that cool digi/analog gauge pack that you 2nd genners do. Im just going to mount the gauges with some aluminum brackets. It might not be the prettiest thing, but it will suffice.

Dont worry, im not jockin the dual headlight thing- going single round stock SV headlight to see how I like it. :)

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Evil, mine is a first gen (didn't mention that in my original post), but you make a good point with the warning lights.

I know it's been covered before, and I think I remember reading that without major mods, you cant put second gen gauges on a first gen. Or even a first gen naked gauges on a first gen svs. Am I correct with that assumption?

dackler, what gauges are you planning on using?

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
I plan on using my stock SVS gauges. I'll figure out something, or pick up used housings if I ever see them on ebay (i dont get to check ebay from work, which is 95% of my internet usage). As long as the SVS gauges are sealed in the back, i dont really care how they look on the bike as long as they function..

As far as I remember, 2nd gen gauges will not work on a 1st gen . Something about the speedo pickup i think?
Im sure if you were an electrical engineer, you could figure it out, but I had posted up before asking about it and i think the consensus was that it wouldnt work... 1st gen naked gauges should hook right up though without too much hassle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts