Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,543 Posts
... I can get it to light up if grounding the BL/B wire and tuning on the bike so the O/G wire has power. Means the part you mentioned about the problem with the neutral switch is prolly the cause but no clue where to start there.
Yes, if power to O/G and ground to Bl/B makes the Neutral light come on then the gauge is good. (y)

Either the neutral switch is bad, or something is wrong with the Bl/B wire.

Try remove and inspect the Neutral switch, it is located under the L.H. side cover just beneath the front sprocket. You may have to dig through chain lube grease to find it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Well I finally got to the time to check out the switch and didnt find much as far as I know.
Here's what I found. Wires from the sensor to the harness seem fine and checked for breaks. When I pulled the sensor off other then a drop or 2 of oil the sensor looks fine. The 3 points of contact on the back also looked fine.

Not sure I care to spend the money to replace the sensor at this point because I am selling the bike and at 40k miles dont expect to get much if anything out of her as it is.

If you have any other thoughts to check, I am still all ears and as always I appreciate all your help.

·
Super Moderator
8,543 Posts
... If you have any other thoughts to check, I am still all ears and as always I appreciate all your help.
Happy to help. (y)

Try clean the sensor contacts with steel wool. Then use your meter to verify continuity from each of the four sensor contacts to each of the four sensor wires. That will make sure the sensor is good. Really, there is not much to go wrong.

Also, make sure sensor pin (#37) is there. It missing the sensor will not work. The gear position sensor rarely fails. After removing and cleaning did you reinstall it and check to see if Bl/B connects to ground when the bike is in Neutral? This is a simple circuit, I believe you will be able to make it work.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts