Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, so today i've started really tearing my bike apart. right now it looks pathetic with all of the crap i have taken off so far. :'(

one thing i need to do is to slide the grips inward something like 1/2" to mount something on the very end of the bars. i can't remember which, but one souldn't be much of a problem because there looks to be enough space built in between the grip, switch housing, etc. to be able to just move them all together and make it work.

the other is going to require more tweaking. so i know that there is a hole in the bar for the switch housing to line up with and hold it from rotating around the bar. if i do have to slide the housing some, would it be ok if i just shaved off the tab on the inside of the housing and then used a thin piece of rubber to help keep it from rotating when i reinstall it in the new position?

i would think it would be fine since that type of mount is used in alot of different applications. mounting computers to bicycle handlebars, mounting speedo sensors to forks, etc.

just wanted to see if anyone else agrees with my logic.

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
Why don't you just drill another small hole? I had to drill new holes for my new bar, and it was a piece of cake. That's what I would do, but I have heard of guys shaving off the pins, too. I don't think it makes much of a difference either way.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
didn't think of that. maybe once i get all of the pieces in their new locations i can figure out where to put the new hole.

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
orangegilly said:
Why don't you just drill another small hole?  I had to drill new holes for my new bar, and it was a piece of cake.  That's what I would do, but I have heard of guys shaving off the pins, too.  I don't think it makes much of a difference either way.
Yeah I just shaved off the pins, thats what the cool people do.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts