·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what size are the svs bulbs??

·
Registered
571 Posts
i'm pretty sure they are just H4's. i don't think there is a "size" designation. just make sure you get ones that are 60/55w and are specific for motorcycles. if you get something like the sylvania silverstars they are packaged separately and say motorcycle only on the side.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanx.

·
Registered
6,503 Posts
H-4. Whether or not they say they're good for motorcycles is irrelavent. They all meet the same specifications. And if you have access to Sylvania bulbs try to get the Xtra Visions. To me they are superior in brightness, color and pattern over the Silverstars.

·
Registered
629 Posts

·
Registered
6,503 Posts
The advertised wattage is not as important as the efficiency (= light per watt). I went to the Sylvania Xtra Visions on the recommendation from some folks I occasionally ride with. I commute at 6:00 A. M. (DARK) on stretches of rural interstate that have no lights. I am comfortable at an indicated 80 MPH with my brights on. Plenty of reach and a generous across-the-road pattern. Even with the low beams there's plenty of light.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
whats a good effinciency. i found a a company in china that makes these and might be able to offer them to you guys for cheap.

·
Registered
629 Posts
andyauger said:
H-4.  Whether or not they say they're good for motorcycles is irrelavent.  They all meet the same specifications.  And if you have access to Sylvania bulbs try to get the Xtra Visions.  To me they are superior in brightness, color and pattern over the Silverstars.
Has anyone tried the Silverstars? Ialmost bought two of them tonight but the place I was at only had one left. They had no Xtra Visions that I could find...for motorcycles (H4) that is. They had a sale buy one get the second half off for the Silverstars.

Does your running lights look funny with really bright headlights and the same oem running lights? I def want something better because the dims SUCK at night for sure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts