well, we ALL know they don't wheelie!! lolo

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I want to do a trackday so bad now.

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Very fun vid to watch. I had to cringe at the beginning though when the guy in white I think it was, went off the back of his bike right at the start. oops!

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
The blue bike with the orange stripe down the center... is it me or are his forks sticking up 4" above the top tree?

·
Registered
720 Posts
that looks awesome.

just one thing, not saying it negative just an observation, it's crazy seeing how smooth the pros are you can really see the difference in how much you guys move when you shift compared to them. Not something I ever really thought about till I saw your video.

That must be such an adrenaline rush! I can't wait to do trackdays.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The blue bike with the orange stripe down the center... is it me or are his forks sticking up 4" above the top tree?
The inner forks and internals are from an F2. Looks awkward but works good. Canada SV650 cup rules do not allow non OEM SV forks but you can get away with different internals.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
that looks awesome.

just one thing, not saying it negative just an observation, it's crazy seeing how smooth the pros are you can really see the difference in how much you guys move when you shift compared to them. Not something I ever really thought about till I saw your video.

That must be such an adrenaline rush! I can't wait to do trackdays.

The video is awesome to review your lines, throttle, braking and riding position. I learn more about what I need to change everytime I watch one of my (unedited) version.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Cool video. Looks like fun.

Absolutely incredible track.

Nothing can prepare you for the 33 deg banking.
First time really freaks you out, the corner can really suck you to the bottom.
The trick is to hold it wide open and stay on the top of the banking until about 3/4 thru the corner then you dive bomb to the bottom to pick up more speed.

Forget about using a 16 front sprocket (43 rear), not enough SV motor to red line on top gear. The 15/43 seemed to work the best.

I highly recommend lapping this Daytona at least once in a racers lifetime.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts