Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got a k&n air filter, changed plugs, oil, and sprayed carb cleaner in the carbs. anyone have any other ideas on what i could do? the bike will start and if i keep the rpms up itll stay on but as soon as i let off it dies.

·
Registered
9,123 Posts
Adding carb cleaner in the fuel tank may do something, but generally not by spraying into the carbs. It may be time to pull the carbs and thoroughly clean on the inside, especially the pilot jets. Did this just start to happen? Was the bike idling fine before the mini tuneup? Any loose hoses, airbox seated properly onto the carbs?

·
Registered
20 Posts
That same thing happened to me. My throttle bodies were totally out of synch. They were completely out of the boot. When I rode it, it would sort of "buck" as I tried to idle. I would experience random, short bursts of acceleration. Also, I would hear this weird sound as I increased the rpms. Once I got the throttle bodies synced, it was running like brand new again. Hope this helps!

-Jon

·
Registered
9,123 Posts
The OP's bike is carburated, no throttle bodies, but carb synching does apply with carbs as well. Since the bike stalls out, I think the carbs need to be cleaned or something has been disturbed if this just happened.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts