Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All!
I'm a new SV650X owner.

Since the new X models are a little different, I thought I'd start a separate thread. Sorry if there's already one!

The X comes standard with minor fairings and Clip-on handlebars. Has anyone had any luck with other Wind Protection or Mirrors? I took it out on the highway and personally didn't find the wind too bad and the stock mirrors are pretty good.

How do you guys feel about the tires? Is there a better tire for the street? Has anyone put more offroad tires on the bike?

Around what RPM do you guys like to shift on?

These are all the things i've been wondering about and thinking about and would love to hear what other SV650X riders have to think!

Connect with me here or on My Instagram . I follow back!

Thanks for welcoming me into the community! Looking forward to chatting with you all

·
Registered
855 Posts
Tyres are like,"Oil-Threads" e.g everyone has their own faves. My take on it is the best tires are the ones you like for your style.

Best cheap mod IMHO is a,"Fender Extender" to help stop road crud getting onto the engine.

HTH :)

·
Registered
477 Posts
Any tyres are better than the OEM crap - I personally like Avon Storm 3D, others like Michelin Pilots.

RPM for shifting - anywhere between 3,500 and 9,000, depending on how fast I want to go. Anywhere from 3,000 upward is the sweet spot, generally the SV motor doesn't really like lugging under a large throttle input below that, and it isn't good mechanical sympathy.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tyres are like,"Oil-Threads" e.g everyone has their own faves. My take on it is the best tires are the ones you like for your style.

Best cheap mod IMHO is a,"Fender Extender" to help stop road crud getting onto the engine.

HTH :)
Thanks Straticus! I think what you're saying makes sense. Honestly, I hadn't thought of a fender extender at all!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any tyres are better than the OEM crap - I personally like Avon Storm 3D, others like Michelin Pilots.

RPM for shifting - anywhere between 3,500 and 9,000, depending on how fast I want to go. Anywhere from 3,000 upward is the sweet spot, generally the SV motor doesn't really like lugging under a large throttle input below that, and it isn't good mechanical sympathy.
RPMS - I totally agree! I've felt around 5000 is smoothest but around 8000 I get that nice V-twin growl.

I'll have to check out other tire options when it comes time!

·
Registered
477 Posts
As you probably know, peak power is at 8,800rpm so not much point revving it beyond 9,000. Peak torque is at 8,000, although the torque curve is pretty flat from 4,000 onward.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Howdie, a 2018 SV650X (lowered) owner here.

Mods I have done on the bike so far:

1. AVS brake/clutch levers (long)
2. End-bar CRG mirrors (round).
3. LED light bulb
4. OEM LED fog lights from the UK
5. OEM Frame Sliders
6. SW-Motech aluminum front fender
7. SW-Motech Headlight protector
8. SW-Motech Rad side plates
9. SW-Motech Aluminum chain protector
10. R&G fender eliminator
11. R&G sprocket guard
12. R&G rad guard
13. OEM Yoshimura R77J stainless steel slip-on (from the UK)
14. Tank protector (from the UK)

On the list mods:

1. Full race exhaust
2. Front and rear sequential LED turn signals
3. Front cowling.

I am researching for a full race exhaust. So far, Yoshi and M4 are the only two that make it. Anyone got any recommendation?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts