Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my friend recently got a 2005 sv650s for around 3k. it has some damage from the bike having clearly tipped over before and he's looking at getting it repainted. apparently he was quoted at $1500 to do a brand new (from scratch) paint job of yellow on the bike or $800 for basically any other color so he's thinking about going with black. but his jacket already has yellow on it. So i'm curious if there are any aftermarket or OEM seats in the color yellow.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Dye the jacket or buy a new one. I'll never understand why people try to match their gear to their bike. You are jacked when you by a new or a 2nd bike.

·
Premium Member
4,340 Posts
I'll never understand why people try to match their gear to their bike. .
And I just bought a blue tail bag to match the bike.

Some yellow pinstripes and touches, think yellow wheels and yellow tint windscreen, and you start getting a dark bumblbee going. Black helmet and yellow jacket could work as a unit with it.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Dye the jacket or buy a new one. . You are jacked when you by a new or a 2nd bike.
Maybe it's just my perception, but there seems to be a bit of confusion and contradiction in those two statements. Since both gear and bikes tend to wear out, it's not that hard to replace and/or upgrade both at the same time.

I'll never understand why people try to match their gear to their bike.
It's because it is cool. A little class, taste and elegance is a good thing. Making appearances the main focus of your life is pretty sad, however.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Maybe it's just my perception, but there seems to be a bit of confusion and contradiction in those two statements. Since both gear and bikes tend to wear out, it's not that hard to replace and/or upgrade both at the same time.
Just meant to dye the entire jacket black, I was assuming the jacket was black with yellow highlights or what not. Then it will go with anything.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
matching color is logical. having clashing colors just looks dumb. anyways the point is he was going to just get the bike repainted yellow having known it needed new paint when he bought the bike. after buying it is when he found out that he'd be charged twice as much to paint it yellow vs any other color. therefor he could easily paint it black and just get yellow seats and still match everything without looking weird. we can have the seats recovered. i was just hoping someone already made colored seats so he could both get colored seats and have an upgraded seat.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Matching your gear to itself i think looks just fine. It makes no sense to try to match the bike. It doesnt add anything. If you are wearing blue and riding a yellow bike who cares? You still match. Do you wear clothes to match the car your in? Its ridiculous. So again matching gear will go fine with any bike.

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
First off, you seem way too interested in your buddy’s fashion decisions.

Second. Who the hell cares what color the seat is? The riders hinder should be covering it anyway.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts