Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 SV650S and I'd like to raise the bars a bit and lower the pegs. I've already got a thick seat cover to raise my ass a bit. I'm 6'2, and while the long distance touring I've was okay for comfort, I'd like to improve it a bit. I also find the aggressive riding position isn't great for bike control on bumpy or gravel roads, which I ride quite a lot of. I never scrape the pegs, so I'm not too worried about

I've heard that the bars can be raised about 2" without replacing cables, hoses, and wiring. Is this correct? I'd like to raise the clipons as much as possible without replacing the cables. If they can be moved rearward a bit as well, that's a bonus. What is the simplest and least expensive way of doing this? I don't think I need any adjustability, as long as I'm sure I can reuse all of the stock cables.

As for pegs, I'd be okay with lowering the stock pegs by an inch or so if there is a bracket available that can do that, and if there's enough adjustment for the stock gearshift lever. Any good adjustable aftermarket pegs? There are adjustable pegs like these on eBay. Has anybody tried this type?

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
I just installed a set of these on my Gen 1 and couldn't be more pleased. A big step up from the drop-style Buell pegs, similar to the ones in your link, that I had previously installed. My 34" inseam knees now fit comfortably in the tank cut-outs, and the shift and brake levers can be adjusted to exactly where I want 'em.

·
Registered
8 Posts
On my sv650s 2003,

I raised the clipons with Tarozzi 70mm High Rise Clipons 27mm tot 46mm. They are also more flexible than regular clipons giving more options to move (....cables...).

To lower the footpegs I used Buell xb s-model.

Both mods were recommended on this site one way or the other.

It's an improvement. No miracles however.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts