Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 sv650s and ended up breaking one of the front oem indicators. Looking at replacements I figured might aswell go LED as the price isn't that different and LEDs just look better.

However I can't figure out how to mount them because the oem ones use a backplate that fits into the hole in the fairing and then sandwiche it with the turn signal. However aftermarket adapters all seem like the wrong shape. Here is a picture of the aftermarket ones I have found
Tire Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Wheel Bumper

And a picture of the oem ones
Automotive tire Font Circle Rim Fashion accessory

If any of you have experience using aftermarket ones please let me know how did you do it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I just put led turn signals on but no photos . You could hack up your oe ones . I have a table saw and cut plastic filler pieces to fill in the oval slots then cut flat washers for trim pieces to finish off out of carbon fiber. All of the aftermarket ones are wrong. Don't forget a LED flasher.

·
Registered
47 Posts
The base of the OEM stalks are the same trapezoidal shape as those aftermarket backing plates that you've found. The same shaped cutout is on the bike (F fairing / R mudguard) where they mount. Aftermarket LED's usually have round stalks, so that's what those backing plates are for - just put the indicator stalk thru those round holes and sandwich the plate in the original mounting space. That's easy enough for the rear. You could do the same for the front, but i chose different style indicators that had the same trapezoidal shape so it would sit more flush. Those ones didn't require backing plates, just spacers/washers to push them out farther. Don't forget aftermarket indicators use round bullet-style connectors, and suzuki have their own square-style, so either buy adaptors or just cut them off ur OEM ones and rewire yourself. You'll also want a LED relay otherwise the blinkers will flash crazy fast and the dash light will also misbehave. Just search Suzuki led relay on ebay. It's located under the passenger seat towards the rear.

Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Fuel tank

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the information!
The base of the OEM stalks are the same trapezoidal shape as those aftermarket backing plates that you've found. The same shaped cutout is on the bike (F fairing / R mudguard) where they mount. Aftermarket LED's usually have round stalks, so that's what those backing plates are for - just put the indicator stalk thru those round holes and sandwich the plate in the original mounting space. That's easy enough for the rear. You could do the same for the front, but i chose different style indicators that had the same trapezoidal shape so it would sit more flush. Those ones didn't require backing plates, just spacers/washers to push them out farther. Don't forget aftermarket indicators use round bullet-style connectors, and suzuki have their own square-style, so either buy adaptors or just cut them off ur OEM ones and rewire yourself. You'll also want a LED relay otherwise the blinkers will flash crazy fast and the dash light will also misbehave. Just search Suzuki led relay on ebay. It's located under the passenger seat towards the rear.

View attachment 59214

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the information!
I just put led turn signals on but no photos . You could hack up your oe ones . I have a table saw and cut plastic filler pieces to fill in the oval slots then cut flat washers for trim pieces to finish off out of carbon fiber. All of the aftermarket ones are wrong. Don't forget a LED flasher.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts