Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Been looking around to find an answer to my idling (fast idle) problem, sadly without success.

First of all the bike's a SV650S K3 FI with 6200 kms, bike was stored in good working order about a year ago with some old fuel still in. Topped up with new RON 95 (MON 87) last week and started getting this problem.

The engine runs smoothly when cold but idle becomes irregular and jumps when warm. Goes from 1100 RPM up to 2000/3000 RPM (see video).

I drained the tank and replaced with new RON 95 (MON 87) and adjusted the TPS. Checked most hoses and lines for leaks. but nothing has come up yet.

When trying to adjust the idle RPM to 1300-1400 RPM, it will shoot up to 3000 RPM. The best I can get is 1000-1100 RPM.
When idle is 1000-1100 the RPM will still fluctuate by itself.

I noticed the fast idle on the throttle body is moving without twisting the throttle.
Would the fast idle be the problem, if so what would be a possible solution?
Any help would be much appreciated, Cheers !!:worship:

http://youtu.be/_WHjnLhCmv4

P.S. I'm not touching the throttle in the video, except a short blip a the end.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey guys,

Been looking around to find an answer to my idling (fast idle) problem, sadly without success.

First of all the bike's a SV650S K3 FI with 6200 kms, bike was stored in good working order about a year ago with some old fuel still in. Topped up with new RON 95 (MON 87) last week and started getting this problem.

The engine runs smoothly when cold but idle becomes irregular and jumps when warm. Goes from 1100 RPM up to 2000/3000 RPM (see video).

I drained the tank and replaced with new RON 95 (MON 87) and adjusted the TPS. Checked most hoses and lines for leaks. but nothing has come up yet.

When trying to adjust the idle RPM to 1300-1400 RPM, it will shoot up to 3000 RPM. The best I can get is 1000-1100 RPM.
When idle is 1000-1100 the RPM will still fluctuate by itself.

I noticed the fast idle on the throttle body is moving without twisting the throttle.
Would the fast idle be the problem, if so what would be a possible solution?
Any help would be much appreciated, Cheers !!:worship:

http://youtu.be/_WHjnLhCmv4

P.S. I'm not touching the throttle in the video, except a short blip a the end.
Why did you touch the TPS sensor if it was running ok before storage..i think thats your problem....The TPS sensor is feeding the wrong info to the ECU..You will need an ohm meter to check its values...also the coolant temp sensor, check that.
I would pull the air box and clean the throttle body, if some crap is holding the throttle blade open, that will also give wrong reading to the ECU

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks I will check out the air box and clean the throttle body.

It was running like this before adjusting the TPS, figured I'd adjust it in case it would improve. TPS is now activating at about 1750 RPM. Doubt it's the sensor.

BTW in dealer mode my bike isn't giving any error codes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.