Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I'm new to the forum here. I actually don't own a bike (yet), but I've decided to purchase either a 2003 SV650S or a Yamaha FZ1 as my first bike, and was wondering if anyone knows where I can find invoice pricing on new bikes? I want to get the best deal possible, and it would help if I knew how much the dealership pays for their bikes.

I've read quite a bit about the SV650 and it seems like one of the best deals out there. The other bike I'm considering is a Yamaha FZ1 (my brother just got one and I rode it over the weekend... two words: holy cow!) I have plenty of experience with motorcycles (been dirt biking for about 12 years) and I'm fairly confident in my abilities. What do you all think? And if anyone knows of any resources on invoice pricing, let me know!

Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have both of the bikes you listed. Actually my wife rides the SV. I have a '02 FZ1. I don't want to take responsibility for giving you bad info, but you should buy the SV650 if it's your first bike. The SV will get you into trouble real quick. The FZ will get you into trouble WAY faster.

Good luck on your decision.

TTFN

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dont know why this is never listed...

Cost is $5533 including Suzuki's $40.00 set up and $150.00 freight, adjusted for units built after Jan 1.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Wow, I thought it would have been less than that. They only have $900 profit when they sell at retail?
That sucks for them...

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
mikemo said:
Wow, I thought it would have been less than that. They only have $900 profit when they sell at retail?
That sucks for them...
Which is why they talk you into getting a lid, jacket, gloves and some other crap while your their picking up your bike since it's all rolled into the loan payments.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts