Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, happy to be part of the community! Just had a quick question since I just completed my 15k valve adjustment and while putting my front fairing back on, I noticed there was a pretty noticeable gap in my headlight. I layed the bike down a while back so maybe I messed up my fairing with the hit. I attached a picture. How can i “fill it in” and if I can’t, will my electronics be affected with a ride in the rain?
Thank you all, Ayan.
Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Grille Hood

· Registered
154 Posts
looks like you just need to fiddle with it I'd guess there is something like part of the wiring harness or..? that's landed between where the lamp housing connects to the fairing itself, maybe involving the stay / bracket underneath right around that side of the headlight / fairing parts..

I've only been under there 1x since i only got my bike 5 mo agi or so, so i'm not totally familiar, but it seems something that was properly " out-of-the-way" before when it's positioned where it needs to be is now " In the way" some how and just needs to be adjusted / relocated..
problem is you cant really see or adjust anythign back i nthere with otuy basically pulling the whole thighn up and off away again... if you had an extra set of hands it would make a HUGE difference i'd guess...

let us know how it goes...

& BTW yr color looks alot like mine if you have your actual colr code info some where id love to know what yours is .. (Assume Oort grey or Thunder grey metallic ) and what year ...
Mine has a 2008 MFG date but registers as a 2009 due to the global financial crash in 2008... Suz. apparently didn't sent alot of their built up product stock from 2008 over here till mid 2009 and I've had a freekin nightmare of a time trying to get the usual high quality touch up paint providers to make me a color that matches the paint on my bike as I do not have any sticker or any hard confirmation on the bike or in my owners manual etc ...all the usual places: Under tank, on frame, inside tail section, in manual that confirms my specific color code..and it seems there are at least 2 DIFFERENT color codes for virtually the same grey silver color on the 2008 vs the 2009's...

good luck !

1 - 2 of 2 Posts