Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok..... I picked up a 2000 SV650.... not and S model....
The below parts came with it

Upper Fairing for SV650S
LEFT and Right small and upper pieces and headlight
Front Stay Bracket
Dash Cover

I would love to switch this bike over to and SV650S type model with the mentioned parts.... My question is what else do I need to make this work...
I am more a fan of having a windscreen as opposed to not having a windscreen.

Can anyone help me?????

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
You'll need the S gauges (so they fit in the dash cover correctly), the 4 frame brackets, the mirrors, the windscreen, the center "upper" piece, the bolts for all of the aforementioned, and you'll need to modify your wiring harness- you need to cut the plug off the end for the naked gauges and you'll need to wire it all into an S wiring harness for the lights/gauges.
Not exactly an easy task.
Good luck!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Actually, you will want to swap out the whole wiring harness with an S-harness if you want to avoid headaches. The plugs are different between the S and naked gauges, and the S model used a sub-harness for the gauges and headlights, etc. The main harness has different connections too. Sometimes (from Ebay) the S harness will come with the sub-harness included (I was lucky to get this), but sometimes it won't. Its hard to tell when looking at small auction photos.

You could also just use the fairings/headlight and keep the naked gauges, but you would have to custom rig something to mount them. You would have to do some minor splices to get a 2nd headlight connector. I have some spares if you need them.

Unless you keep the naked model handlebars, you will also need S-model throttle cables, clutch cable, a S top clamp, clipons, bar ends. There may be other minor parts too.

BTW, my 99 bike has gone through the full conversion to an S-bike. The previous owner took it half way there (fairing stay, fairings, headlights, windscreen), but he kept the naked gauges and had non-stock mirrors that sucked. When I bought it, I did the rest of the job (S harness, S gauges, S-dash cover, S-mirrors, S mirror inner covers, S-cables, different clipons) to make it look stock.

If you are interested, the whole process is documented (starting with the previous owner through the work I've done)
http://forum.svrider.com/showthread.php?t=101809

1 - 3 of 3 Posts