Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003Sv650S and recently took a spill with it...I need to replace the cowling body and back cover seat.....I have a copper SV and want to make the bike entirely Black....can I swap parts with the SV1000??? for some reason I cant find parts for the SV in Black on Oneidasuzuki.com.....any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
684 Posts
so do you want to paint it or not? im kinda slow maybe someone else will get it :-[ . by the way what color black, like flat or gloss

·
Registered
157 Posts
hes tryin to buy the oem pre painted plastics, since he rashed his.

i think it was said that in '06 they were going to have a black sv650? ??? i dont know if the sv1000's plastics will fit a sv650. in certain years the 650 frame was smaller than the 1000... but i think the newer frames are the same size now so the plastics should fit on the newer years. anyone know the exact years of wich will fit wich?

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
sv1k plastics will fit... but you would still have to repaint your tank to match them

just buy some replacement bodywork off ebay or from someone here on the forum... then take all your parts to a painter and get them painted.. should cost anywhere from $200-500 depending on what kind of deal you can work with the painter

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You think I should just buy the 03' Copper color replacement parts then paint them all Black...Tank, Fairing etc....seems like the way to go...

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
if you want to put oem stuff back on, just get it in any color as cheap as possible and repaint it.

you might also want to look at aftermarket bodywork. but like WJ said, you'll still need to repaint the tank to match the new black stuff

·
Registered
171 Posts
;D Put a sharkskinz on. ;D  They look great - check mine out in my sig.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts