Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I first bought the bike it had some slight issues with the clutch slipping at high rpm. I finally replaced the clutch last weekend and was fine when I replaced it. Last night the brand new clutch started slipping even at low rpm. I used the right oil and everything. Trying to figure out what is going on.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Cant help but wonder if you have too much cable tension going on and it's stopping the plates from engaging properly.
Do you have a couple of mm of slop at the pivot area of the clutch lever?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes the cable is adjusted right. The only thing I can think of is the hub. Only thing that wasn't replaced. Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Did you soak the new clutch plates overnight in engine oil before install?
If they weren't soaked before, they are now. Besides the cable tension, there is a second adjuster down by the shift lever that determines how far the push rod is pushed. You will need a deep 10mm socket and flat screwdriver to adjust it. Back off the screw until it just touches the push rod then back it off a 1/8th turn. Fine tune with the cable tension.

·
Registered
908 Posts
When I first bought the bike it had some slight issues with the clutch slipping at high rpm. I finally replaced the clutch last weekend and was fine when I replaced it. Last night the brand new clutch started slipping even at low rpm. I used the right oil and everything. Trying to figure out what is going on.

See if this helps,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts