Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm looking to replace my fork seals myself to save a couple hundred bucks, and I want to make sure I am getting the right parts. I found a fork seal and dust seal kit on wemoto, and was looking at fork oil but couldn't find a single answer on what weight I should be buying. I'm 200 lbs and I'm not sure if that makes too much of a difference, but I'd appreciate any information like anything else I'll need besides the seals and oil.
Also, there's a small part on the fork that sticks up in the front and looks like it blocks debris, but it snapped off on one of the forks... Is that going to be an issue?

Here's the seal link: Suzuki SV 650 K8 08 Fork Seal Kit - Slinky Glide Parts at Wemoto - The UK's No.1 On-Line Motorcycle Parts Retailer

· very big dumb
10,630 Posts
dont cheap out on seals or you'll be doing them again shortly. get oem or skf or something.
allballs if youre in a jam.
i do end up doing mine pretty often though using allballs.

as far as oil, if you're not running emulators, go 15w.
should probably do springs to your weight while you're at it though.

· Registered
26 Posts
dont cheap out on seals or you'll be doing them again shortly. get oem or skf or something.
allballs if youre in a jam.
i do end up doing mine pretty often though using allballs.

as far as oil, if you're not running emulators, go 15w.
should probably do springs to your weight while you're at it though.
At just under 200 myself, springs and emulators transformed the front end feel of my ‘07. Beg and borrow enough to do this while it’s all apart and you won’t regret it. I’ve had good luck with allballs kits, but will probably do oem next time.

· Registered
2000 SV650 N
1,759 Posts
Welcome to SVR Dundgren. Good luck with your fork job. Keep us up to date and post some pics.

· Registered
918 Posts
Also, there's a small part on the fork that sticks up in the front and looks like it blocks debris, but it snapped off on one of the forks... Is that going to be an issue?
Ether snap the remaining one off so the lowers match or replace. I would replace, think they do help keep that area cleaner where the seals spends most of its time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts