Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm selling my SV after a full year of neglect. Since I purchased my R1 about a year ago I've kept my SV in the garage only starting it from time to time and riding around the block so the fuel doesn't go bad. Needless to say it's time to sell the "never ending project".

About the bike: Too much stuff to list so for any additional details please visit my build thread link on my sig.. see list below for basic details and comment or PM if you have any questions.

2003 Suzuki SV650S originally copper with an estimated 50-60K miles on the original motor. (I installed a Vapor trail tech guage.. I had just under 30K when I installed the Vapor-trail and estimated around 20K since removing the original ODO.)

This bike has a custom (loud) undertail exhaust system.
2009 GSX-R 1000 rear wheel 5.5" (180 tire)
2006 GSX-R 600 forks (recently replaced tubes) w/ GSX-R big breaks.
Rear tire is a brand new Pirelli Diablo corsa
GP shifting 1st gear is up and 2nd through 6th is down.
KTM Duke II front fairing with dual stack headlights (HID).
Steel brake lines.
Shorty brake and clutch levers (Pazzo).
K&N intake air filter.
Used only synthetic oil (Changed every 3-4K miles)
New D.I.D. Chain (gold)
Super Sprox rear sprocket +2 from stock (47T).
Custom PIAA undertail brake light.
Sharkskinz race tail (no rear seat).
2005 GSX-R 600 Rear shock.
Moto-sliders.

Needs: Suspension adjusted and body work (the orange paint job had bad clear coat batch applied and needs wet/dry sanding and polish).

Asking $2,000.00 firm. I don't NEED to sell it but I simply don't ride it enough to justify the garage space it's taking up. PM me for address and phone number if you're serious about buying.

Located in Show Low,AZ. I have no way to transport it so you'll have to come to me.

Here are some pictures I took today of the bike:

Thanks for looking.
Justin.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Re: SV650S 2003 Orange w/ undertail exhaust (JPL_SV)

Sweet bike! Love the gold GSXR forks like I have on mine. Hope you and I both find buyers relatively soon, lol. Best of luck

·
Registered
374 Posts

$500 on a used penske and this would make one hell of a track toy at a great price. Cant imagine youll have trouble selling it.

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

This bike doesn't need too much as you can see I've done a lot to it. I don't want to put any more money into this bike, just want to sell it. Already had a guy offer me his .308 sniper rifle plus cash. I would rather not deal with trades but I'll consider any trade.. it doesn't hurt to ask.

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

This bike doesn't need too much as you can see I've done a lot to it. I don't want to put any more money into this bike, just want to sell it. Already had a guy offer me his .308 sniper rifle plus cash. I would rather not deal with trades but I'll consider any trade.. it doesn't hurt to ask.
Had another offer for a DRZ400 street legal 2001...

This bike is still available.

This bike has never been wrecked (only slow speed low side with zero frame or body damage, cosmetics were replaced including frame slider with minor damage).
This is an Arizona bike with zero rust.
No leaks or strange noise.
Bike has ~50K miles (no exact milage due to Trail-tech Vapor gauge install from OEM)
Clean title in my name.
No past issues, all original, garage kept.
New rear tire with under 30 miles on it (Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa).
Recently re-geared (+2 = 47T rear sprocket), Super-Sprox rear and D.I.D. chain in great condition.
New front fork tubes (replaced due to fork seal leaking and scraches on tube).
Bike location: Show Low,AZ (2.5 hours East of Phoenix, 3.5 hours North of Tucson, 2 hours SE of Flagstaff)... I have no means of transporting the bike.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Do you have a video demonstrating the exhaust sound? Also, what is the gearing like driving on the highway at about 70?

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do you have a video demonstrating the exhaust sound? Also, what is the gearing like driving on the highway at about 70?
I don't have recent video but I'll try uploading something this weekend. As far as the gearing goes I'm pretty sure it would be in the high range in 4th and maybe below mid-range in 5th. It has decent passing power in 5th and 6th and cruising at highway speeds (i.e. 70-80mph) you still won't need 6th gear.

Here's an older video of the bike running indoors with the same exhaust it has now.. as you can see the bike has changed since this video.

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Many offers but bike is still available to first serious offer. There is nothing wrong with the bike.. please feel free to ask any questions about the bike.

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Would you be open to shipping to NY?
I spoke to another forum member about shipping to NY. I don't mind if the shipping cost is covered on the buyers part but I wouldn't want to sell and ship the bike before the buyer could look at it in person. Possibilities are 3rd party inspections (i.e. another forum member looks at the bike in person and gives a non-bias opinion).. but this would have to be someone you trust. I'm open to ideas.

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
UPDATE: I'm in the market for a 4X4 truck so I'm more motivated to sell. I can't go under $2k but I'm willing to meet anyone from Phoenix or Tucson or Flagstaff.

I would be interested in a strait up trade or trade + cash. Looking for a 4X4 truck or small SUV.

Also, I'll toss in my Shoei RF-1000 and Alpinestars SP1 gloves.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts

I have no means of transporting the bike.
hey Justin, if i can help, i have my truck. so if i am free, i may be able to offer some assistance if my gas is covered.

i can vouch for Justin's bike, i haven't seen it much (if at all) since he got the new one, but he is a straight up/honest dude.

edit: if i remember correctly, that exhaust is loud....

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
UPDATE: I'm in the market for a 4X4 truck so I'm more motivated to sell. I can't go under $2k but I'm willing to meet anyone from Phoenix or Tucson or Flagstaff.

I would be interested in a strait up trade or trade + cash. Looking for a 4X4 truck or small SUV.

Also, I'll toss in my Shoei RF-1000 and Alpinestars SP1 gloves.
I put in a quote on uship.com and the lowest bid I got was $950, so it wouldn't even be worth it at this point for me. Good luck with sale, it's a great looking SV.

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks Pat and Walo.

Pat, I was thinking I could ride the bike and have a buddy follow me to a halfway point like Globe or Payson. Riding season is coming up quick for Pheonix and Tucson and ending soon up here so I'm expecting to sell it in the valley.

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Latest deal just fell through due to the guys truck getting stolen. Bike is still available for $2k or trade for 4x4 truck or SUV. I'm willing to ride to: Phoenix, Tucson, Flagstaff, or any surrounding areas.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I wish I could have gotten this one, but I went to Afghanistan shortly after talking to JPL, putting the brakes on that deal.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts