Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, this happened today. Fell in love with this Z900 last summer, and finally pulled the trigger. Couldn't even find one for a couple of months. Wondering if I should get rid of the SV650 and how much I can get for her... or keep her? 馃
Can't wait to get out there 馃弽馃弽馃弽馃挩

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Photograph

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

Attachments

Registered
The only answer is ... ride'em both for a few months and find out if you can get different, satisfying, feelings from both.
If you happen to find that the new one can give you all what the SV does, plus more, then you definitely don't need the SV any longer.
Viceversa, if you find out the SV still gives you something the Z900 can't, then keep 'em both.

BTW, great bike! I had a very close look at the new Z900 SE al last EICMA fair, and it is truly top of the list when it comes to equipment.

Premium Member
I've been looking at other bikes for this summer too. Not sure that I'll get one, but it's on the list. If I do, I'll for sure keep the SV for a while anyway, possibly turning it into a dedicated track bike or just keep it as a "daily driver" type thing.
Congratulations on the new Z!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all. Just did a 140+ mile ride on the sv today, and enjoyed every moment of it (along with the compliments I always get). I pick up the Z on Tuesday and have a break in ride next Saturday. Curious if it's going to be a exciting as my sv... the sound, the handling, her curves... sorry give me a minute 馃ぃ
Have never owned a bike newer than 7 years old, and we're talking about 20 years ago, so a today 'new' is definitely going to be different. Just need a garage so I can keep them both 馃様

Registered
07 650n
I have the 2021 z900 and the gen2 SV and I say keep em both. One day when the SV starts calling you will wish you did. The SV just has that visceral sound and feel to it such a great bike.
Plus the SV is cheaper to operate especially with gas prices what they are that way you can
Bust out the Z900 a bit less save some miles and split riding time on each bike.

Jump on the Z after a ride on the SV and the smiles are even bigger. The Z has such a great motor.

Registered
I have the 2021 z900 and the gen2 SV and I say keep em both. One day when the SV starts calling you will wish you did. The SV just has that visceral sound and feel to it such a great bike.
Plus the SV is cheaper to operate especially with gas prices what they are that way you can
Bust out the Z900 a bit less save some miles and split riding time on each bike.

Jump on the Z after a ride on the SV and the smiles are even bigger. The Z has such a great motor.
Right? If you don't have to, why choose between Ginger and Mary Ann? Date them both!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts