Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who here's actually put their bike on a scale and weighed it? I'm not interested in quoted figures or manufacturers specs, just hard numbers.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Are you limiting it to racebikes?

My SV with the OEM fairings and projector headlights, nearly full tank of gas, heavy SSSA, was weighed at a landfill scale. I don't know how accurate it was but they said it weighed 440lbs. I'd say 440 +/- 5 lbs.

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nope, it would be interesting to see what street bikes weigh as well. For what it's worth, one of the local racers I know is doing some weight loss on his zx-10. He has it down to 360lbs atm. :(

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
FWIW, my SSSA assy weighs at least 10 lbs more than the stock SA assy. I also had the tool kit in the trunk, left the tankbag on, and my headlights prolly weight a good 5lbs more than stock. Tho I'm pretty sure my S/O weighs less than the stock muffler.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
my superstock 2nd gen weighs 358-361 without gas every year i put it on the scales at the suzuki cup finals.

·
Registered
54 Posts
The minimum weight for the SV Cup in Canada is 365 lbs. My bike is 362 without any fuel. So I need to ensure I have 1 gallon in the tank after qualifying or race to ensure I don't get penalized 5 positions. OR attach a lead weight (which I don't like)

·
Registered
975 Posts
I read a test on the 2nd gen svs and they claimed it weighed 421lbs with a full tank.

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
alright I threw mine up on some bathroom scales today (very hairy experience)

400lbs wet with a filled tank. +/- 5lbs

2003 sv650S with steel subframe
-shorty m4 slipon
-removed passenger pegs
-525 chain/ stock steel sprockets
-delrin bar ends
-HID kit (maybe 2-3lbs added)

I think I should be able to drop 20lbs without too much effort, by doing:
-aluminum subframe
-aluminum fairing stay
-520 chain with aluminum sprocket
-remove grab bar and kick stand
-race battery

·
Registered
238 Posts
2001, full hindle, alum subframe, sharkskinz, full tank = 369lbs.

·
Registered
104 Posts
The minimum weight for the SV Cup in Canada is 365 lbs. My bike is 362 without any fuel. So I need to ensure I have 1 gallon in the tank after qualifying or race to ensure I don't get penalized 5 positions. OR attach a lead weight (which I don't like)

Hey Rob, 344 lbs empty tank here!

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
you cant see the other side of the bars, there is only a grip and the clutch perch.. i deleted that whole switch assembly.. all the wiring and everything.. same with the gauges.. all the wires.. the kickstand switch the turnsignal wires.. all the sensors ..and that headlight is no heavier than a frisbee...

1 - 20 of 90 Posts