Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick question, I tyred doing a search , but could not find anything. :-\

Are there any differences between the SV650 and the S version besides the front body work and lights? I am planning on buying a new bike to race next year, and it would be pointless to buy the S version since I will be changing the bodywork anyway. :)

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
41 Posts
thejimdaddy said:
exactly, watch out for the red ones, they are attracted to trees ;)

http://www.big-boys.com/articles/brandnewbike.html
::) Joke getting old.

The S has higher gearing, different footpegs, and clip on bars. If you are intending on racing a bike with full fairing bodywork, I would think the S model would be better for you, even if you want to change the body panels.

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
ShaggyZ said:
Doesn't the S have a longer swingarm?
no, the opposite, the nekid has a longer effective swingarm length from the same swingarm, the nekid with a 110 link chain allows the wheel to set a couple mm further back.... I have gone to 112 link chain even with 16/46 sprockets, I loose a lot of adjustment

·
Registered
241 Posts
If you're going to race...I would opt towards the "S" version mostly because it already has the fairing stay. The money you could make on ebay with the stock stuff should make the $500 difference pretty quickly.

·
Premium Member
6,627 Posts
nutz4sv said:
If you're going to race...I would opt towards the "S" version mostly because it already has the fairing stay.  The money you could make on ebay with the stock stuff should make the $500 difference pretty quickly.
but the stock fairing stay is heavy as hell, you can buy (and probably will) a lighter one

·
Registered
10,246 Posts
cyclerider105 said:
+1 S is better suited to your needs, in my opinion! 
I would say go naked... save your money since youre going to strip it anyhow.. you will most likely be doing better rearset, clipons etc any how right?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
1.5 Thumbsup! said:
I would say go naked... save your money since youre going to strip it anyhow.. you will most likely be doing better rearset, clipons etc any how right?
Well, I want to get into racing as cheap as possible first. Then during the season start to add performance parts and whatnot. I only plan to put on race bodywork, steering damper, and exhaust to start off with.

·
Registered
10,246 Posts
911TurboS said:
Well, I want to get into racing as cheap as possible first.  Then during the season start to add performance parts and whatnot.  I only plan to put on race bodywork, steering damper, and exhaust to start off with.
I would get a naked, do the suspension, rearsets, clipons and get a race legal bellypan... that is a cheap setup that will get you far... When you lowside you can replace the pipe... ;D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts