Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Is it true that the sv650"s" has the foot pegs in a more agressive "sports bike" type stance? Where the sv650 is a little more positioned for "comfort?"

Can the regular sv650 bikes have a modification performed to relocate the foot pegs?

I'm debating on a track bike right now, and I'm looking at both versions of SV's

Thanks for any assistance

Sebastian

·
Registered
72 Posts
I don't think there is a difference between the sv650s and the sv650 if they are the same gen. The 2nd gen sv's though do have a more aggressive stance than the first gen.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Actually the first gen's are different between the S model and nakes. I think the S models are something like back and up 1" compared to the naked.

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
Regardless of generation - the SVS pegs are roughly one inch back and one inch up from the naked. There are a variety of things you can do to move the pegs be they naked or S.

Same gen - you can swap OEM rearset plates and make a naked the same as an S. Jack-up plates exist to move either gen and are a cheap option. If you want to spend some money - look into dedicated rearsets - Woodcraft/CFM etc.

·
Registered
10,246 Posts
Additionally, the rearsets from 03-04 S models are different as well.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
yeah, they are different.

when I bought my bike, there was a naked and an S right next to each other on the dealer floor. going back and forth between the two, I could definitely tell that the S pegs were up and back compared to the naked. this is on an 04...I would assume the 05-06 would be the same.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I put some jack-up plats on the rearsets of my 04S and it moved them up and back quite a bit....might want to look into something like that

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.