Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SV650 to SV1000 compatibility

Can anyone tell me if the engine/frame is the same on an SV650 and SV1000. My 650 is a 2003. I have the opportunity to buy a 2005 1000 that has a lot of physical damage. The frame and engine appear to be in great shape but other parts are damaged. Can I swap all of the good on my 650 to replace all of the bad on the 1000? It the other way around?

Sent from my Desire HD using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Engine and frame are different. However, I think most body panels are the same. Front ends technically can change, but putting a 650 on a 1000 is a step the wrong way.

Be more specific as to what the "good" is.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On my SV650 all parts are good. On the 1000, the frame, engine, forks, wheels/tires, bars, subframe are all great. Tank is there but dented. I guess Im asking if I can put all of the 650 body parts, tank and all on the 1000

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Yes, you can.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
You will likely get into trouble with the K5 thousand fuel pump as they have two fuel level sensors while I believe the earlier bikes had but one. You could easily switch the pumps to use the 650's tank and stay compatible with the wiring harness. The speedo/tachometers won't swap between bikes I don't think. Brakes are mostly different as well as (obviously) exhaust system. You'll like the 1K!:)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok I hate to take apart a perfectly good 650 but the 1000 may suit me little better. Hopefully there is a market for parting out what resins of my 650.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sooooo.. if I had a perfectly running 650 motor, what would I expect to sell it for??

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the info. I was thinking if I got $600 out of it, I'd be happy.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
$800 sounds high to me unless it's very low mileage or a built engine, $600 is more reasonable.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts