Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Would it be possible to make the space/distance between the rear tire and the tail light larger? basically I would like to raise the whole back of the bike (seat/rear seat) about 2 inches higher. Is that a possibility or would I have to mess with the frame itself? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Maybe you could make some adapter plates to change the position of the subframe? Not sure what you'd do with the driver seat though...

·
Registered
5,834 Posts
You can get shorter dogbones to raise the rear. However, that may change the geometry and steering, especially if you raise it by 2 inches.

If you explain what you're trying to accomplish, maybe people will have better suggestions.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm trying to change the look of my 2001 SV650N a little. And I really like the look of the back being higher up. For some reason different SV's of the same year look like their position is different (illusion) even though the actual height of the rear seat from the ground is the same. So that's basically it, just trying to make it look more to my liking. I was also wondering as to how much work it is to chop the back of the bike off. About 4-5 inches. But that's a different topic for a different day. Thanks again.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I think you can make minor adjustments by adding brackets to the bottom part of the subframe. I am not sure how drastically you can raise it and still use your current seat. If you want to you can swap for an 03 rear assembly. That will sit a bit higher, but you need an 03 subframe, seat, and the small side plastic bits.

http://forum.svrider.com/showthread.php?t=90577&page=3

This link should explain.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Sorry, the 03 swap wont work. I didnt know you had a 1 Gen. The difference in height can also be achieved by rear shock adjustments. I wouldnt mess with this unless you know what you are doing, it can really alter the way the bike handles. I dont think you will get 2 inches out of it anyways.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts