Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
129 Posts
I've owned both very recently. I sold my 1000S and bought a 650N. The only thing better about the 1000 in my opinion is if you often ride two up. The 650 is smoother, lighter, handles better, cheaper to own and insure, and a little better at the fuel pump. I seriously think I am quicker on the 650 when the roads get twisty. All around, I think the 650 is much more fun.

· Registered
3 Posts
I own both and in my opinion....the 650 is more flickable and lighter but the 1000...straight up BEAST!!! If I had to choose...the 1000 hands down!

I agree. I had a sv650N ('04) and now an '03 SV1000N. The difference in handling to me isn't that much. The 1000 has a much better suspension out of the box......and a LOT more power. 650 was nice but the 1000 ROCKS!

[

· Premium Member
1,538 Posts
How much more does an sv1000 engine way compared to the sv650 engine? I am asking cos I wonder where the weight difference is in for these bikes. My 650 engines rear cylinder has toasted (unfortunatly) and I can pick up a 1k engine for 99 bucks. I am considering buying it but I just wonder how much of an upgrade it would be over the 650. I don't want to add too much weight, but the added power would be nice ofcourse.

Can anyone chime in?

(I dont want to hear about the engine mounts being different, I am aware of that, I am just looking at pure weight vs. power here, modifying to fit is a later worry for me).

· Registered
5,704 Posts
How much more does an sv1000 engine way compared to the sv650 engine? I am asking cos I wonder where the weight difference is in for these bikes. My 650 engines rear cylinder has toasted (unfortunatly) and I can pick up a 1k engine for 99 bucks. I am considering buying it but I just wonder how much of an upgrade it would be over the 650. I don't want to add too much weight, but the added power would be nice ofcourse.

Can anyone chime in?

(I dont want to hear about the engine mounts being different, I am aware of that, I am just looking at pure weight vs. power here, modifying to fit is a later worry for me).
Well, the SV1000 weighs about 417lbs and has dual cans so I'd guess that the engine and cans weigh an extra 60 or so lbs.

· Registered
203 Posts

Can anyone chime in?

You can't put the 1k motor into the 650 but I am looking for a 1k motor to pickup to build as a race motor. Can you score that $99 motor for me?

Mark

PS - Never mind, you are in europe... I assume it would be more to ship it than it's worth.

· Premium Member
1,538 Posts
I'd like to help Markp, but unfortunatly I am not so close to you as you mentioned already.

Right now I am just looking for the weight difference between the 1k and the 650, about mounting it I am not worried.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.