Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

After 2 years with my SV650 K3 I feel that it's time to upgrade the suspensions, mostly because I got a good deal on both forks and Shock :D
I'll be installing the rear shock from an '03 SV1000 (with a little less than 12k miles) and a fork kit with progressive springs, new spacers, emulators and shorter levers(maybe the right word is dogbones?) for the rear shock link.

The installation manual for the forks kit says that, if you use the shorter levers (made for the original shock), you should raise the forks 10mm.
Now, since I'll be installing a different shock, I don't know if I really need to install the shorter levers(dogbones), so I don't know how much I should rise the forks.

Does anyone have some experience with this kind of regulations? What should I do?

Thank you in advance for your help!

·
Registered
304 Posts
The SV comes stock with progressive wound springs. If you don't use the short dog bones you shouldn't have to raise the forks in the triple trees. The shorter dog bones raise up the rear/tail of the bike. The SV1000 shock is a direct bolt in.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts