Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody!

Thanks again for being so helpful in my last post. So here's my new problem:

My bike has 1946 miles on it, and after disconnecting the battery to charge it, (and plugging in the clutch terminal by the lever...) the bike starts right up. Problem is, now the red FI light comes on, followed by the temperature light. I rode it maybe 15 miles yesterday, and it stalled once at a stop light (in gear). All the connections that I can tell are secure, I was told to disconnect the battery again and the light will go off. I have not done this.

I'm worried that since the bike stalled at a stop light, that it may be more indicative of a bigger problem. I bought the bike less than a month ago with about 1200 miles on it, and it had sat for about 2-3 years before I purchased it. Do I need to take it into the shop? How do I diagnose what's wrong without spending a small fortune on a mechanic looking at it?

Thanks so much!

·
Registered
5,871 Posts
NOTE: see signiture

THIS may or may not help. I would try discounecting the battery for a bit and trying again first though, just cause it is cheap and easy.

Barring anyone else chiming in with more information, I would put the bike in dealership mode and see if any codes pop up. They should if the lights are signaling. The codes should narrow down where you are looking for the problem, and give you more information to pass on when you do talk to someone more knowledgeable.

Good luck. :thumbsup:

·
Administrator
11,045 Posts
Put the engine in dealer mode (search for the how-to). That will give you the error code in the display (C00 is no error). Look for the error code in the service manual and go from there.

Sent from my left shoe using the Motorcycle app

·
Administrator
11,045 Posts
The dealer terminal is not plugged to anything to begin with, it's just covered by a plastic cap... waiting for you to use it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts