Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
I am sorry, if state to state riding is more than once a year then do yourself a favor and stick with the Vstrom, it is made for this. It will be very fun still. I honestly can do canyon carving almost as fast on a Vstrom as on a SV. The Sv does look sexyer but the Vstrom is a great bike
I agree, BUT being 5'6" the vstrom wasn't a good fit.
I've ridden my buddy's and had to one leg it when
coming to a stop. It has the longer dog bones to
lower it as well.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I thought Kappa was close to Givi. Anyways, I found an entire load out for the Gladius. That seems like a lot of money, but it's the cheapest way I've found so far to get all the racks, hardware and cases for this thing without modifying anything, the issue I have with it is I'm looking to slap on a targa fender eliminator kit, and I'm pretty sure that side rack bolts to stock fender. Also, I was thinking about swapping out the rearsets and passenger pegs and doing a "custom" exhaust hanger. I might ghetto garage that if I have to.

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
This isn't a "which bike is better" conversation, it's a "what kind of bike do you want, and what fits you" conversation.
-The SV650 is smaller and sporty. If you are a small person it will fit you better than the other 3. Also, it handles the best.
-The V-strom is big and the least sporty. If you are a big person it will fit you better, and is great for long distance riding.
-The Versys is a bit of a weirdo in that it handles fairly well, though not as well as an SV, is tall but can be brought down to almost SV650 heights with a lowering kit, and is comfortable. I've owned one and didn't love the engine. I'm the exception though, many people love that parallel twin. I just don't like parallel twin vibration/sound and thought the power was too evenly spread out, whereas I prefer having an RPM range with somewhat of a power hit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hilarious about the propane tank. How are you people strapping all this stuff on anyway. I see some people have all kinds of camping gear and sleeping bags attached to heir bike and I always wonder how it stays on and doesn't fall of.
Sorry I never got back to you.

I carry ratchet straps and whatnot with me when I'm carrying weird stuff.

Propane tank:

Front end for a Ford F250/Excursion

For more antics, I usually hang out in r/MotorcycleLogistics

41 - 48 of 48 Posts