Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
B

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I've officially had my 2005 SV650s for 600 miles and I thought after the service I'd have a new exhaust installed. I'm torn between the Yoshi Tri-Oval, Akrapovic, or Micron full systems. A power commander will be soon to follow but for now it'll just be the exhaust system. Anybody have experience with SV's and these systems? Or, what do you have on your SV and what do you think of it/how does it sound/etc.? Thanks in advance
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,461 Posts
Get an M4. I heard they make more power.
for sound, D&D from what ive heard is badass esp on sv1000.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
If you go with the yosh, check out the site I posted earlier.

www.motoxoutlet.com

They have some of the best prices I have found
 
B

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the link. although i think www.indysuperbike.com is just about the same in prices and they have a lot wider selection...worth checking out if you haven't already. I think I'm gonna go Yoshi TRS. The triangular canister will compliment the more angular style of the SV i think. Plus yhosi and suzuki seem to be quite fond of each other.
 
B

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
now i'm torn between full and slip-on. If i go full i wont be able to get it as soon, but if i go slip-on...not as much power etc. Is it possible to buy the headers seperately? like buy a slip on now, and then buy the rest of the system later?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
359 Posts
I like my full micron. Sounds good. But if I was to do it all over again, I would prob go with yosh. I ran into a guy with it on a gen one as well and liked the tones a touch more.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
597 Posts
Get a Full = Ez install and more power

M4 Full = Most power, sounds the best, but no downloadable PCIII map

Yosh Full = Has a downloadable PCIII, and Yosh partners w/ Suzuki
 
N

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here's my yosh tri oval full race system. I was part of the first batch that was sent out.











I love it to death. It looks great, I can definitally feel more power, and everyone say's they thought a v-8 mustang was coming down the road.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,691 Posts
what ever you get just make sure it's a HIGH MOUNT!!!!! Oh that makes the back end endlessly more sexy, appealing, flowing, gracefull and darn right beautiful!!!!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
751 Posts
I actually like the stock mount location for some reason...but I'm also not going to get the lowers. I like the more raw look of the bike, thats one of the things that drew me to the SV
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
597 Posts
Highmount = more flow restriction + harder install (may entail modifying passenger pegs and/or turn signals)

IMHO, I think the high mount looks goofy... stick with the standard mount
 
B

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
wow, thanks for the pics. Yosh tri-ovals it is. That is the sweetest looking exhaust i've ever seen. Seeing your bike also has me considering the lowers. I was thinking about getting just the chin spoiler but now i'm not so sure. Also, where did you get your seat cowl?
 
R

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
NaranjaTang said:
It's from suzuki. I just got it from the dealer.
Did you have to modify your lower fairing at all (i.e., cut it) to fit the full system?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,691 Posts
treoff said:
Highmount = more flow restriction + harder install (may entail modifying passenger pegs and/or turn signals)

IMHO, I think the high mount looks goofy... stick with the standard mount
Shut up with mandrel bent pipe there is NO restriction of flow of exhaust.


And the rear right peg is a 2min hack saw fix. I've done it.
Before

After


Turn signals get intergrated into the FE kit or use short stalks or flush mounts for a super smooth look.

Hi Mount = Coolness. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
155 Posts
Nexus, what do you think of your scorpion exhaust? I'm thinking of either the scorpion pr ART slip on for my naked.
 
N

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
rankink said:
NaranjaTang said:
It's from suzuki. I just got it from the dealer.
Did you have to modify your lower fairing at all (i.e., cut it) to fit the full system?

Nope not at all. I just took them off. Installed the exhaust. Then put the fairings back on with no problem. It was actually easier than i thought it was going to be. The hardest part was installing the power commander. The reason is because were the plugs were located i couldn't fit my hands in the frame to unplug and plug them back in.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,691 Posts
I love my scorpion pipe!!!
 
R

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
NaranjaTang said:
rankink said:
NaranjaTang said:
It's from suzuki. I just got it from the dealer.
Did you have to modify your lower fairing at all (i.e., cut it) to fit the full system?

Nope not at all. I just took them off. Installed the exhaust. Then put the fairings back on with no problem. It was actually easier than i thought it was going to be. The hardest part was installing the power commander. The reason is because were the plugs were located i couldn't fit my hands in the frame to unplug and plug them back in.
Great. Thanks for the info.
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top